Airco fails till car restarted

Ewald

Hello,
Nice to meet you, I am a proud driver of vw t6 from the Netherlands.

I have a weird problem with my airco.

When I start my car, the airco works fine blowing cold air.
After ca five minute it stops. Blown air is not cold though outside temperature.
When I stop the car, switch it off and restart, it works fine again, and keeps working fine.

I have this for months now, and Just wonder whether one of you recognize this and night be able to advise with rootcauses and solutions.

Thanks and happy mileage. Ewald

Reactions: CAB
I've exactly the same issue for months now. I changed the coupling and the free poulie but problem keeps coming back.

Also interested in the advices.

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm afraid that without a proper diagnostics session it would be just a guesswork. Low refrigerant pressure would be the first guess?

Minimum effort would be to check if there are any fault codes in the air conditioner. There are quite a few tools capable of doing this.

More advanced approach would be to read logged events in air conditioner's memory. For this a proper diagnostics tool is needed. E.g. below a snippet from a VCDS log.

1662273845714.png

All,

Thanks for the tips.

I’ve no access to diagnostics tool.
As such, I bought an Odb-dongle. And a vcds dongle. Few weeks till I have full diagnostic power at my finger tips

Meanwhile I got the following observation.
When the engine runs 5 minutes and the airco stops, its found that the radiator ventilator is NOT running.
When I stop the engine and start again, the airco works, and guess what. The radiator ventilator is running.
So, I conclude the airco stops working as it overheats (?) which is not resolved as the radiator ventilator does not kick in. Till I restart… ventilator kicks in. Airco kicks in. And it keeps working.
Anyone any thoughts for now?

Thanks Ewald

Back