airbag missing

If you mean the seat? Does the drivers seat have an airbag? Did the van have a twin passenger seat originally?

If the answer to those questions are yes, and the converter swapped in a non-airbag seat I would be going back to them.

Have a look at the end of the dash (with passenger door open) you should see a passenger airbag deactivation switch if the airbag is fitted

Checked the build sheet and etka and it shows no passenger airbag installed
Its listed as a startline but does have aircon so guessing it has the business pack ?

I thought everything came with airbags these days !

How bizarre - I wonder if the wiring is present with some sort of resistor to fool the firing systems? Would VW really have a specific loom for no passenger airbag?

Hi I have just bought a T6 conversion doesn’t seem to have a passenger airbag,can one be fitted.
Hi,
Did you find a solution for this missing passenger airbag?
I bought a one 6.1 and had the same surprise.
My wife, the owner of that seat doesn't know that she doesn't have a airbag yet:)
I am searching for an option to get installed an extra airbag for passenger but there is no true answer.
Most of explanations are negative but I don't understand why.
Is it rocket science to install that mysterious airbag sensors and the airbag package as there are models of the same year with the airbag option?
Thanx

More van manufacturers do not fit a passenger airbag than do, as another point to note for many vans on a commercial policy many insurers don’t have any liability for passengers in their policies, in any seat which is a shock for many when a claim is made as my friends son found out as a passenger in the firms van, he is making a claim against the driver and firm as he will not be able to work for a few years.

More van manufacturers do not fit a passenger airbag than do, as another point to note for many vans on a commercial policy many insurers don’t have any liability for passengers in their policies, in any seat which is a shock for many when a claim is made as my friends son found out as a passenger in the firms van, he is making a claim against the driver and firm as he will not be able to work for a few years.
I guess big motor manufacturers can manipulate national road safety organisations but you would think there would at least be a warning sticker ‘ No Airbag’.
It all comes down to ££££
When I worked in the oil industry a human life had a nominal value of 1 million USD, just over a days lost production. I thought that was a bit simplistic but the auto industry seems to take it to a new level.

It seems like a sort of message saying that " Keep driver safe, screw the passenger. Your colleague, friend, wife or kids doesn't deserve that kind of protection"
The frustrating thing is there is a label with logo of volkswagen on the dash board passenger side imitating the airbag label. You must read carefully to discover that it is not an airbag sign.
I bought the van second hand and not having a passenger airbag in a 2020 car is so irrational that I did not feel need of investigating the existence of airbag
Cruise control, tiredness warning, speed limitation, EBC, ABS etc. included but not a simple passenger airbag.
Anyway, another lesson learned.
Now looking for a possibility to retrofit but seems %90 percent impossible. If anyone knows a way to trick the car to accept additional airbag, it would be appreciated:)

You will also need to fit the air bag compatible dashboard.
The problem is white van man drives his delivery van solo and wants it as cheap as possible, so manufacturers build them to suit.
As a friend keeps telling me it’s a van not a car and you keep trying to overcome its origins to make it more car like which gives you more problems.
He is right but it still grates.

Wow. Didn’t know you could option it without a passenger side dash airbag. If there’s no cost saving for the buyer, why would they not specify one and then just turn it off? Odd.

You will also need to fit the air bag compatible dashboard.
The problem is white van man drives his delivery van solo and wants it as cheap as possible, so manufacturers build them to suit.
As a friend keeps telling me it’s a van not a car and you keep trying to overcome its origins to make it more car like which gives you more problems.
He is right but it still grates.
Unfortunately that dashboard replacement will give me a serious pain I am afraid.
I also figure out the lowering costs approach but safety shouldn't be a subject to compromise.
Then why not completly removing the passenger seat as an option.
More space for longer cargo and no discussions:D

My van is a short base with automatic transmission.
A family and business car both , a leisure vehicle which our bikes fit in and a camper if I put a few things in, not big for commute, also has comfort in long distance drives.
I agree with your friend that it is not a car, it is beyond:cool:

On the other hand my search for that missing airbag is not about car/van situation.
Just need to find an airbag for my passenger/my wife when she sits next to me.
I will also search for that dash board too. Many thanks for reminding me this "minor" detail that I missed;)

Back