Air Ride Reviews Please

Angleseylad

Hi all,

I collected my new T6 T30 Highline 204 DSG Kombi at the end of August and I love it. So now that I've got some miles under my belt to do the shakedown and identify any niggles, which there haven't been any up to now after 1500 miles, its time to get the mods underway. I had my T5 on Vmaxx coilies, which were a bit crashy, but the stance was good with 20" rims and 255/35 tyres. I have a little budget left and I would really like to go bags with the T6. The reason I want air is for the stance, obviously, low for normal driving, slammed for parking and near normal height for towing a caravan. Sorry, I said the C word!!
And I don't want the hassle of winding the coilies when I want to tow.
I would be extremely grateful for any pics, reviews, hardware and management info., prices if you're brave enough but that's optional. My preference is to have the tank, pump, manifold etc. to be mounted under the van so I can still use it as a van. I'd be interested to hear if there's any concerns or issues with an underslung system, corrosion, damage or anything else.

Not much to ask I suppose.

Diolch/thanks

Ian

Ian

Hi all,

I collected my new T6 T30 Highline 204 DSG Kombi at the end of August and I love it. So now that I've got some miles under my belt to do the shakedown and identify any niggles, which there haven't been any up to now after 1500 miles, its time to get the mods underway. I had my T5 on Vmaxx coilies, which were a bit crashy, but the stance was good with 20" rims and 255/35 tyres. I have a little budget left and I would really like to go bags with the T6. The reason I want air is for the stance, obviously, low for normal driving, slammed for parking and near normal height for towing a caravan. Sorry, I said the C word!!
And I don't want the hassle of winding the coilies when I want to tow.
I would be extremely grateful for any pics, reviews, hardware and management info., prices if you're brave enough but that's optional. My preference is to have the tank, pump, manifold etc. to be mounted under the van so I can still use it as a van. I'd be interested to hear if there's any concerns or issues with an underslung system, corrosion, damage or anything else.

Not much to ask I suppose.

Diolch/thanks

Ian

Ian
Hi ian im running abp bags and accuair elevel on my 4motion currently working in porthmadog if you want to come down one evening gladly take you out in it to make your mind up,
My instalation is underslung

I'm running also ABP and i'm very satisfied! Luke from Plush is a stunner!
I have the Air Lift 3P system and also very pleased with it,double seamless tank & double Viair444C all tucked away under the passenger bench

Thank you both for the positive replies, air is definitely on the cards for me. I'll pm you @andythom188 to see if you're still down in Porthmadog and if your offer is available. I'd be very interested to see your setup. Many thanks

Thank you both for the positive replies, air is definitely on the cards for me. I'll pm you @andythom188 to see if you're still down in Porthmadog and if your offer is available. I'd be very interested to see your setup. Many thanks
Still up here m8 so offer still stands mine is going back to plush for 3 gallon cvt tank as the twin viair444c are too noisy :thumbsup:

So after reading the comments and looking at a few YouTube vids, I've taken the plunge and went for the APB system from Plush Automotive. Had a delivery today, Bilstein struts and rear shocks, APB bags, dual Viair compressors, 5 gallon seamless tank and Airlift 3P management. The I'm really liking the look of the 3P controller which has the option of controlling it from my iPhone with a downloadable app. Plush Automotive's site allows you to customize your own setup to your own spec/budget which I liked. I'm quite handy with the spanners so I'm super confident with being able to install it myself. Change of plan tho, its not going to be underslung, its gonna go in the back behind the Kombi seats internally. Which is ok, as I've justified the space now for a couple of subs and amps too. I'll just have to buy a trailer to lug stuff. It's gonna take a few weeks until I have some free time to install it, so I'll try and take some pics/vids and post them up on the forum for any home gamers that fancy having a go themselves.

What’s the damage?

It did take me over my initial budget, but because I'm going to keep hold of the van for many years and I want to make it the best I can while in my possession I decided to go the extra mile. The price, supply only, from Plush was over £4k, included twin compressors, additional wiring, additional silencers, water traps and 5 gallon seamless tank. It does mount up. But the kit they've delivered is quality.

I think the polyflex bushes and ARB will be on my shopping list once I'm up and running @Keaney I've asked a question on the 'Team Air' forum about what to do with the front droplinks, will the standard ones allow enough drop or do I need to replace them with something else?

I have VB 4c with 30mm off road kit. It’s a firm ride with very little roll in the corners. It’s firmly in the “commercial” camp rather than bling tricks. I have a wired remote by the drivers seat that gives, Normal/Sport/Off-road/car park & auto-level. Around £4.5k fitted. It’s one of those things that you’d miss once the pain of paying has passed.

Back