Air Intake Issue

stusm1th

Hi all, the P2279 fault - should any reputable garage be able to diagnose this fault? Air intake leak, is it relatively straightforward to find the issue? How many possible points of failure could there be?
Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20220630-190236.jpg

What engine you have got? What's the engine code - on sticker by steering column below dash.
Please post "Detailed ECU info" -report (under Carista Service menu)

Should be fairly easy to detect - start searching from air filter box - loose tubing, hissing sound?

What engine you have got? What's the engine code - on sticker by steering column below dash.
Please post "Detailed ECU info" -report (under Carista Service menu)

Should be fairly easy to detect - start searching from air filter box - loose tubing, hissing sound?
Thanks for your reply. It's a 2.0l 102 (remapped by Pendle to 160). I'll get the other info later. I think there are two issues, unless you tell me otherwise. For a start, both EGR pipes need replacing - the AA identified last week that the front one had sheared from the flange, however I could push it back in again. I also established earlier that the rear one is also blowing exhaust air out, hence both will be replaced ASAP. I'm guessing this has nothing to do with the fault code that is showing though?

Reactions: mmi
Thanks for your reply. It's a 2.0l 102 (remapped by Pendle to 160). I'll get the other info later. I think there are two issues, unless you tell me otherwise. For a start, both EGR pipes need replacing - the AA identified last week that the front one had sheared from the flange, however I could push it back in again. I also established earlier that the rear one is also blowing exhaust air out, hence both will be replaced ASAP. I'm guessing this has nothing to do with the fault code that is showing though?
eek.gif hmmm... that's definitely a candidate for air leak. I believe the way forward would be to repair/replace the EGR pipes + check the air intake piping for loose connections. I wouldn't be surprised if that would be all.

Anyways, have you cleared the codes after you pushed the sheared pipe into flange - to see if the fault comes back. Unfortunately Carista doesn't tell whether the fault is a current or just history log.

View attachment 163164 hmmm... that's definitely a candidate for air leak. I believe the way forward would be to repair/replace the EGR pipes + check the air intake piping for loose connections. I wouldn't be surprised if that would be all.

Anyways, have you cleared the codes after you pushed the sheared pipe into flange - to see if the fault comes back. Unfortunately Carista doesn't tell whether the fault is a current or just history log.
Fingers crossed then that replacing the pipes does it. I did clear the code(s) last week, using another ODB device (not Carista, that's a new purchase), but the P2279 came back again almost straight away.
Can't believe the price of those pipes!

Reactions: mmi
Back