Air-conditioning retrofit?

Do these evaporator style units not require a container of water too? Also should we be worried about evaporating all of that water into the inside of the van? Could it cause condensation/dampness?

I really like my van, but driving across Germany in it last year was a pain without air . Knowing what I know now I would not have bought the van. My T5 had it and my mistake getting a van without , but at the time it was to good a buy. can air be added , and mean proper air that you use when driving , with a compressor runs from the engine and rad at the front ?
regards I am stumpy2

Its been done....

It can but it ain't cheap. If I remember correctly about 5 days work and 2.5k from a company in the big smoke. Alpinair I think they were called. Also just googled it seems to have boomed since I was looking!

When I bought my camper a couple weeks ago I was that excited about the exterior look and the new conversation etc that I forgot to check it had Air conditioning!, It’s doesn’t !! it’s only 5 year old, 2015 T6. ☹ How on earth not ? Any solutions ?

I guess that must be a startline spec van? Open the windows? :)

In fairness, I rarely use the AC in my van, I tend to prefer opening the window. But it's really handy in certain circumstances

Just a thought...

Back