Air-Con question re: windscreen

Well that's sounding better...

Try leaving it running a while longer..

It will take a while for the AC rad etc to return to normal..

Mine normmaly gets really humid and smells a bit ac - dampness for a few mins after switching ac off but leave blowers running......

The thing is ANY fault will disable the ac..... so if its running. Then the assumption is there is no fault.

Ac has around 20 sensors that all need to be in check for ac to operate.

Well that's sounding better...

Try leaving it running a while longer..

It will take a while for the AC rad etc to return to normal..

Mine normmaly gets really humid and smells a bit ac - dampness for a few mins after switching ac off but leave blowers running......

The thing is ANY fault will disable the ac..... so if its running. Then the assumption is there is no fault.

Ac has around 20 sensors that all need to be in check for ac to operate.
Many thanks for your replies and help @Dellmassive.... I’m coming to the T6F meet next month, so I’ll let you have a little play with it then if you wouldn’t mind? I’m not a fan of taking my motor to VW dealerships!:cautious:
I’ve also asked @Deaky for some coding help with my Caravelle headlights, so maybe if I ply him with enough of his favourite Belgian beer, he’ll check the fault codes for me while he’s got his gizmo plugged in?:thumbsup:

Many thanks for your replies and help @Dellmassive.... I’m coming to the T6F meet next month, so I’ll let you have a little play with it then if you wouldn’t mind? I’m not a fan of taking my motor to VW dealerships!:cautious:
I’ve also asked @Deaky for some coding help with my Caravelle headlights, so maybe if I ply him with enough of his favourite Belgian beer, he’ll check the fault codes for me while he’s got his gizmo plugged in?:thumbsup:
Perfect.....

@Deaky

I played around with the aircon on mine this morning..... when I put the direction on to screen it switches on the aircon light as expected. If I then hit the AC switch to turn it off the light goes out but it still blows very cold air, I left it like this for a 30 min drive. The air coming out was so cold that there was condensation on the outside of the screen so I used the wipers to clear it. Leaving the AC switch off I then moved the direction to vents only and after about 30 seconds you can feel the air noticeably warm up.

it doesn’t really bother me but I had never noticed this before, so when the direction is on screen and the AC is on and I cannot turn it off with the AC button. The only way to turn it off is by moving the air direction away from the screen setting. I have scanned it with Carista, no faults so I reckon this is just how it works.

I noticed the dashboard end vents blow cold in hot weather and assumed this is how the VW semi-automatic 'Climatic' air conditioning system works on my Highline. If I push the AC button, then I get cooled air through the whole system.

I played around with the aircon on mine this morning..... when I put the direction on to screen it switches on the aircon light as expected. If I then hit the AC switch to turn it off the light goes out but it still blows very cold air, I left it like this for a 30 min drive. The air coming out was so cold that there was condensation on the outside of the screen so I used the wipers to clear it. Leaving the AC switch off I then moved the direction to vents only and after about 30 seconds you can feel the air noticeably warm up.

it doesn’t really bother me but I had never noticed this before, so when the direction is on screen and the AC is on and I cannot turn it off with the AC button. The only way to turn it off is by moving the air direction away from the screen setting. I have scanned it with Carista, no faults so I reckon this is just how it works.
Thank you @Broadside.... that is a perfect description/write up of my experience too! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ditto with mine. When in ‘Winscreen’ setting the AC appears to be irrespective of whether the AC switch is on or off. Only disengages when air is set to face vents?

Back