Air bag module

H.a-mcr

Hey new to this. Have just had some issues with my vw t6 airbag module. I located the module and removed it which then i find it had water corrosion all in the board and fried the microchip. So i order a second hand module with the exact same part number. Iv installed the new( second hand) module but yet the airbag light still remains on. Im just wondering will i need this new module programmed to my van. Any help would be great ! Thanks

I have attached photos of the trouble code after installing the new module.

IMG_7702.jpeg

IMG_7701.jpeg

IMG_7700.jpeg

IMG_7707.jpeg

have attached photos of the trouble code after installing the new module.
Missing?

Im just wondering will i need this new module programmed to my van.
I would say - yes.
The codings seem to vary from vehicle to vehicle thus for correct operation the coding should be correct for the van. I guess the coding defines the actual airbag configuration

U0151 00 - No Communications with Airbag Control Module (as seen by engine).

Can you access the airbag control module directly? Any faults in the airbag controller itself?

Cant seem to access it on its own. It says it cant communicate with module for some reason when i try.

Hey new to this. Have just had some issues with my vw t6 airbag module. I located the module and removed it which then i find it had water corrosion all in the board and fried the microchip. So i order a second hand module with the exact same part number. Iv installed the new( second hand) module but yet the airbag light still remains on. Im just wondering will i need this new module programmed to my van. Any help would be great ! Thanks

I have attached photos of the trouble code after installing the new module.

View attachment 199683

View attachment 199684

View attachment 199685

View attachment 199686
Where is the location of the airbag module? TIA

The airbag module needs parameterization and locking to you vehicle.

Coding is generated per vehicle and isn't something VCDS can do. We can sort this no problem however I am concerned you are saying there no coms with the airbag module

Reactions: mmi
Back