Aftermarket DRLs and the switch

OurSam

Quick question : my T6 highline has these aftermarket sequential led DRL headlights fitted and I’m not sure they’re wired in correctly. Before I go back to the van converters I need to ask what other people see when using the switch on the dash.

Mine is : Switch in ‘Off’ position - DRLs lit, no warning light on dash. Switch in ‘Auto’ - DRL and sidelights both lit, no warning light on dash. Auto lights activated (in dark) - no DRL no dash warning light just headlights lit

Is this normal, I would’ve expected the Auto to be DRL no side lights then when activated just headlights no DRL and a warning on the dash?

TIA 155BB1F0-19C0-4A60-B233-4C85282F113C.jpeg

It could be that the van has been coded to have 'parking lights on with ignition on'. Some people do this to have tail lights on with DRLs for some reason.

Another thing could be if the van didn't have auto lights originally. Some of the aftermarket auto light kits can operate in unusual ways.

As above.....the only dash lights that refer to headlights etc, are 'main beam on' in blue and 'bulb out' in orange.....the switch illuminates to show your headlight on/off status

....and of course, the 'bulb out' warning can be switched off by coding, if you get canbus errors through various aftermarket bulbs

Back