Aftermarket Big Brake upgrade thoughts..

J88arv

T6 Guru
Hi all, been looking around and love the big brakes on the t6, my brakes are shot so thought I may aswell go the whole hog once this bloody lockdown is finished.
So my questions:
Can any fit? Seen a set of rs3 brand new ones on eBay back and front

if not what do people recommend

is it really worth it or just go t32 and paint them? Love the look

thanks team

Ah ok :) so it’s purely based on size of calliper really and I haven’t got the t32 brakes as I have the t30

Not sure if the RS3 calipers bolt straight on to a T5/6 , but the discs definitely dont fit as the PCD is different
Cheep solution is find a T 32 kit used and tart that up to look good .

otherwise

Forge do 3 kits for the front of the Transporter and 1 kit for rear ( item 2 )

356mm 6 pot Big Brake Kit for Volkswagen T5/T6 | FMBKT5 | Forge Motorsport
330mm 4 Pot Rear Brake Kit | FMRBKMK5 | Forge Motorsport
380mm 6 pot Big Brake Kit for Volkswagen T5/T6 | FMBKT5380 | Forge Motorsport
405mm 8 pot Big Brake Kit for Volkswagen T5/T6 | FMBKT5405-8 | Forge Motorsport

The entry level 356 mm kit is the easiest to get as they are often in stock , delivery on parts made to order can be 5 to 6 weeks in normal times
They aren't always available in all colours either . please note the caliper on the 356mm and 380mm kit is the same .

Ah ok :) so it’s purely based on size of calliper really and I haven’t got the t32 brakes as I have the t30

Do you have a budget?

We do the REVO/Alcon brake kits 355 or 380mm. - We run them on our demo in the bigger size, so you are more than welcome to come and have a try. They feel completely normal in normal driving, no snatchiness or that on/off feeling that you sometimes get with brake upgrades, but when you need them they really do come into there own, and with repeated use, zero fade. They are a great upgrade although higher in the price range of £2k+VAT , but probably the best option out there for the Transporter IMHO - I also run them on my Stage 2 RS3. We’ve fitted quite a few to customer vehicles as well, and always gets good feedback about them. We have a set going on this week for a customer new T6.1, and fitted them to another customer T6.1 last week as well as per pictures.

VW T6 | Big Brake Kit | Mono 6, 150ps

We are a Forge dealer as well so can supply these also, but haven’t done to date, as we mainly supply their cooling products and stick to Alcon for brakes,

We also have a couple of brand new standard T32 kits available, that we have taken off vans to replace with the BBK, so can work a deal our on these? These work really well compared to the smaller transporter, and are a great upgrade themselves.

Like Steve said already, I don’t know about the RS3 brakes, but I sure someone will make a bracket for them, but the discs are a no, but you can fit the REVO/Alcon brake discs with these.

Let me know if you need any more info - I have a set of Red REVO/Alcon 380mm brakes in stock if you need them quickly :)

272F467B-24EE-4065-ACC3-11EFC92A897B.jpegB58BAB1F-6AA6-40CC-AFA3-BA0583CF1EF9.jpegD8EAA638-59D8-48C6-B332-FFDE9E2F57E8.jpeg040A6F77-01C3-498F-A6E3-73480EDA8406.jpeg57CB7666-7385-4809-9085-5C4A7BA78D74.jpeg2A31C6EA-E49F-496F-815F-E948630243BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you have a budget?

We do the REVO/Alcon brake kits 355 or 380mm. - We run them on our demo in the bigger size, so you are more than welcome to come and have a try. They feel completely normal in normal driving, no snatchiness or that on/off feeling that you sometimes get with brake upgrades, but when you need them they really do come into there own, and with repeated use, zero fade. They are a great upgrade although higher in the price range of £2k+VAT , but probably the best option out there for the Transporter IMHO - I also run them on my Stage 2 RS3. We’ve fitted quote a few to customer vehicles as well, and always gets good feedback about them. We have a set going on this week for a customer new T6.1, and fitted them to another customer T6.1 last week as well as per pictures.

VW T6 | Big Brake Kit | Mono 6, 150ps

We are a Forge dealer as well so can supply these also, but haven’t done to date, as we mainly supply their cooling products and stick to Alcon for brakes,

We also have a couple of brand new standard T32 kits available, that we have taken off vans to replace with the BBK, so can work a deal our on these? These work really well compared to the smaller transporter, and are a great upgrade themselves.

Like Steve said already, I don’t know about the RS3 brakes, but I sure someone will make a bracket for them, but the discs are a no, but you can fit the REVO/Alcon brake discs with these.

Let me know if you need any more info - I have a set of Red REVO/Alcon 380mm brakes in stock if you need them quickly :)

View attachment 64220View attachment 64222View attachment 64223View attachment 64224View attachment 64225View attachment 64227

love these but maybe slightly over my budget, I was thinking more around the 1-1.5k tops as I will be doing the suspension aswell :)

OK they are big money, but the very best of quality.

Maybe the T32 kit, painted, would work and be nicely under your budget as even the Forge will break the bank.

Will do although I actually think Forge are closed presently - Will let you know

Stay safe

I’m still stuck on what to do for brakes

just paint what I have fit new pads and discs

go all in for the revo which look epic but are quite pricey

or these which I’ve found, anybody had any experience with them?

C86C9346-6290-47B8-B997-6057F4F1EDD3.png

They look like cheap chinese brakes. For the best value, paint yours and upgrade the pads, rather than Spend £1100 on these.

However if you can stretch to the Revo brakes, they are the best on the market for the Transporter :) IMHO

They look like cheap chinese brakes. For the best value, paint yours and upgrade the pads, rather than Spend £1100 on these.

However if you can stretch to the Revo brakes, they are the best on the market for the Transporter :) IMHO
I did think this and I know what we spoke about with the revo, my thoughts have been confirmed

Back