After Market Head Unit Issues

@mmi, genius the er.2 has now gone and I can view what my nav shows on the drivers dash.

I have attached the control error codes from OBD11 as I still can’t change the volume on the stereo - Alpine X802D-U head unit nor can I change it on my MFSW.

This came about when I reset the HU as I can’t view Apple CarPlay on the source list.

I still can’t see Apple CarPlay post the HW reset either.

Apologies for the tonne of images.

F2F1E27E-A78C-415C-952E-E3BDDF40717C.jpeg

49F38214-B7F1-42D2-9EA8-2E4F8D10E97A.jpeg

0760DD4A-011C-4F3D-A655-BB9E6CA40B67.jpeg

C15A24B4-C92D-48BB-80E6-B74BC6726C69.jpeg

CE99FCFF-0FDD-465F-96B9-6D2C19CCDD87.jpeg

That's good news - at least some progress. Perhaps you have travel mode active in MFD for your headlights - LED headlights? That should clear Headlight Regulation fault.

The rest of the faults with headunit - maybe @Fish @Absolut5

I think I did enable Travel Mode by accident earlier on today @mmi. Should I disable it on the MFD?

Re the head unit I have emailed Alpine support and told them of my non Apple CarPlay which I hope they can resurrect.

I think I did enable Travel Mode by accident earlier on today @mmi. Should I disable it on the MFD?
Yes, I would keep it disabled (on MFD) when in homeland. The travel mode just drops light beam - so less dazzle for oncoming traffic (abroad), and shorter stretch of illuminated road for you.

Do you have a MFSW and do all your controls work? I installed the Halo (non-nav) with, I believe the correct Can-bus adaptor, but a lot of the MFSW buttons don't work and I have the Er. Message on MFD, any help gratefully received.

Back