After Market Head Unit Issues

Rabbit

T6 Pro
Hi
I have just had my head unit switch over to and Alpine X802d-u and have just noticed that er:2 is now displayed in the MFD, can anyone explain to me what it means please?

Also the radio is now turning itself on every time i unlock the van (turns off when i lock the van), is their anyway to make it so as the radio only turns on when i put the key in the ignition? Is this where VCDS is required?

Thanks in advance :)
IMG_20180525_214912083_LL (2).jpg

Edit
Sorry mods, wrong section?

There is a setting in the menu. Under general I think..
But @Absolut5 will be able to direct you more.
As for the error might be that the phone cant bluetooth to two devices. ??

Thanks for the reply :)

Even with only one Bluetooth stored (or no phone connected the er:2 remains :(

Had a look in the alpine settings and can see nothing about auto turn on, or did you mean somewhere else?

E7B750BE-69E4-46C8-B933-FF4A0F35F202.jpeg

Yes VCDS is required to code the MFD to give nav directions and to get rid of the er2 massage

Also the turn on with unlocking the vehicle is a feature which can be switched off in a menu.

Who installed it, ?

Ram mobile in Wakefield. To be fair to the guy he did say bring it back and he would sort out the er:2 message.

Though I didn't realize that the directions could also be programmed in.

The big thing for me is the auto turn on, I don't suppose you know where in the menu that setting is as I'm struggling to find it?

Quick question

Does anybody know how you get to the screws that hold the head unit in place? Is it the air vents section around the radio that just clips into place and pops off?

Yes, the whole fascia around the headunit including the vents pops out then you can remove the four screws and stereo

@Absolut5

Thanks so much for ‘Auto switch on’ info - really helpful.

With regards to the first part - “the er message disappears when the nav info is coded for the mfd” - could you help me on how I remove this error message ? Do I have to take it along to VW ? Or is it something I can do myself ?

T6 with Apline X802D recently fitted.

Thanks in anticipation.

@Absolut5

With regards to the first part - “the er message disappears when the nav info is coded for the mfd” - could you help me on how I remove this error message ? Do I have to take it along to VW ? Or is it something I can do myself ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Do you know anyone with VCDS,...? Vw will not do this for you

@Absolut5

Thanks in anticipation.
Ah this brings back memories :)
I got this helpful guide from Alpine that explains what needs to be done to get the Nav working in the console display and it also cures the er message, as the two are linked.

Where abouts in Shrewsbury are you? I'm likely to be driving past Shrewsbury either tomorrow or Tuesday/wednesday next week?

Attachments

• Change_coding_for_CAN_gateway_to_enable_NAVI.pdf
    555.9 KB · Views: 215
Ah this brings back memories :)
I got this helpful guide from Alpine that explains what needs to be done to get the Nav working in the console display and it also cures the er message, as the two are linked.

Where abouts in Shrewsbury are you? I'm likely to be driving past Shrewsbury either tomorrow or Tuesday/wednesday next week?

Thanks @Rabbit for the reply and document - very kind of you. I think I have found someone who has got VCDS and fingers crossed will be able to remove the Er:2 message. If not I’ll be in touch again soon. Thanks fttb.

Hey guys can i ask if you have an ER2 but dont have the sat nav , just the normal cheaper version is it the same thing with the VCDS?

Hey guys can i ask if you have an ER2 but dont have the sat nav , just the normal cheaper version is it the same thing with the VCDS?

still needs coding for sat nav .. the er2 is generated by the aftermarket CanBus adapter,

Evening All,

I am trying to clear the er.2 error code that is on my drivers display using my OBD11 although I am no expert on this app,

Can anyone help me out. Pic attached.

Cheers

Pete

image.jpg

Evening All,

I am trying to clear the er.2 error code that is on my drivers display using my OBD11 although I am no expert on this app,

Can anyone help me out. Pic attached.

Cheers

Pete
Is this related to an after market head unit? What faults you've got?

If so -

The procedure for OBD11 would be:
Control units
Select Edit by tapping red pen button down right
Tick (37) Navigation.
OBD11-ControlUnits-EditGateway_a.png
OBD11-ControlUnits-EditGateway-Gateway_List_a.png
NOTE! If automatic selection is proposed - do not allow that!

Back