What's my van worth??

...my van is a long wheel base t32 does this mean my unladen weight is more than 3050 tonnes ?
No, the T32's 3200kg (not tonnes!) is its maximum permitted mass including the load. Your unladen weight is more like 2000kg so you're well under, but the weight of a conversion counts as load - a campervan is never 'unladen' :)

> 3 tonne vans are more like the Ivecos, Movanos, Sprinters etc... next size up from us lot.

I’ve been offered a 2007 T5 shuttle which has 357k ( to the moon and half way back ). I don’t mind putting a new engine it but what’s it worth

It is more important to make sure that you insure your van correctly and be honest with the modifications that have been made. My V5 states Van with Windows and categorised as an MPV. The underwriters for the insurance classify the van as a Motor Caravan because this is what I have told them it is used for.

Yes see what you mean but as usual seems a big grey area with the new rules.

Seems like there is a risk of having to go to court and prove your vehicle is a motorcaravan. If the vehicle is log booked as a motorcaravan then it is unlikely you would end up in court to argue. I would assume most police forces would cross check this with the DVLA before issuing a fine surely?

I’m certainly glad ours was reclassified before all this kicked off.
Yeah its way less clear than before, certainly not ideal to have to manually contest when they mess up.

Wish mine was done before the change too.

I have exact same van but with discover nav and dsg gearbox and paid £23 + vat when it was ex demo and a few months old with a few k on the clock

Looking to join the T6 family, but am not well versed in the value of vans and there seems to be so much variability. Any views on this van’s value would be greatly appreciate, are they asking a fair price?

imo and I’m no expert it looks a reasonable price looking at the spec, seems a bit odd that if you were buying a van to make into a camper why they didnt buy a window van but the rest looks good.

Hi team.

I hope everyone’s ok during these times, itching to get on a campsite I am!

I know these threads are a paint but my friend is hoping to buy the van below but he’s not sure how much it’s worth.If we can have some suggestions I’ll take an average ☺️

Thanks in advance - keep safe:

One owner. 54 plate, 143,000 miles
LWB 2.5TDI Auto tiptronic
4 captain seats, folding table,
new gear box 2 years ago
2x new calipers and discs all round
new cambelt Xmas just passed
new waterpump 2 years ago
stainless exhaust, 2 new tyres, tow bar, just been valeted, day running lights, bonnet shield, alloys, roof bars, elec sun roof, air con, cruise control, elec heated mirrors, window blinds to rear and curtains.

A8DE0099-18ED-4703-B791-82977124FE0B.jpeg

A8EBC120-4FB5-4E80-8652-DAC98216F477.jpeg

B4AABC51-02D7-4E50-9C38-4F653EE03295.jpeg

A6445E29-17C5-470C-B5D9-73F643DF568A.jpeg

That’s a nice looking van from the sides. The mileage is high ish, not really an issue if the price is right.
I’ll go first with an idea of worth: £14k

the front doesn’t look that nice and there is no info about service history and if it’s had any work inside done to it HLeisure battery, lined, insulated etc?.
Just a rough guide ?..

I’m looking at it and wondering why the drivers seat has a seatbelt receiver on both sides, and by all accounts the front passenger seat looks like a rear seat from a Caravelle. I’d be looking to see if it’s been fitted correctly. Got a link to the advert for it?

I agree with @LakesT6 ,something looks wrong about the seating, like theyve fitted rear caravelle swivel seats as fronts or something. Does it have a Caravelle floor/rails in the back for the seats and table to be fitted to or is it a genuine Caravelle?

I would say nowhere near £14k, probably not even 1/2 that.
The 2.4 isn't a great engine, I rebuilt mine twice at great cost so I wouldn't touch another one, especially with that mileage. I've no idea how they changed the cam belt, it's all gear driven.

Thanks for your comments guys, he hasn’t got it advertised as such however my friends knows of someone’s elderly father that may potentially sell, if that makes sense.
Ill pass the messages on, great spot on the seat belt hitch. Those seats don’t look normal standard fronts anyway...

Can anyone give me a rough idea on value on a van I'm looking at it's a 2016 swb startline t32 140 twin side doors drivers Captain seat front and rear parking sensors cruise control 126k miles one owner full history very good condition
I cant find hardly any t32 140 for sale to see any prices

Thanks

I'm surprised that you can't find anything with lower miles but that's not necessarily bad if the price is right. Expect a stone chipped bonnet and make sure there are no bare metal chips around the top of the windscreen which could go nasty. The cam belt was due at 4 years and 124k so get evidence to prove that this was done or insist on at least £500 off.
There will be many more things to check but this is what immediately comes to mind.

Back