Advice Please: Shuttle Registered On Dvla As A Caravelle

J4son1971

VIP Member
I’ve seen a vehicle (shuttle) I like that currently sits on a private plate. I ran the reg number on the MOT check on DVLA but it comes up as a Caravelle. The photos show it’s definitely a shuttle. I’m concerned, should I be?

Whats the difference between a shuttle and a caravelle ??

VW list them the same as they are all built on caravelle (multivan) chassis

If it not meant to be like that and is a mistake then it can be corrected, normally by the supplying dealer but is it definitely wrong ?

Thanks for replying. I’m only concerned as I checked a load that are for sale and shuttles are either down as transporter or shuttle on the DVLA check. I must have entered the details of 15 vehicles. Not one shuttle returned caravelle on the DVLA details. I know this is hardly conclusive but it got me thinking.
Especially as all the caravelles I checked on the DVLA site did come back as caravelle. I think I may worry too much. ;-)

Whats the difference between a shuttle and a caravelle ??

VW list them the same as they are all built on caravelle (multivan) chassis

If it not meant to be like that and is a mistake then it can be corrected, normally by the supplying dealer but is it definitely wrong ?

Shuttle is normal minibus (easy jet) and Caravelle is the executive level (business class). Best way I could think of describing them. Shuttle has fixed seats. Caravelle has railed floor and movable (slide) seats and table etc

Back