Advice On Spacers And Lowering with 21” 9.5J wheels

m3geo

I've a set of 21" Range Rover Sport wheels which I'm looking to fit on my 2018 Caravelle LWB, they are 9.5" with a 49mm offset.

When compared to the existing fitment they show as being 25.8mm closer to the strut and they'll protrude 37.8mm further out.

The suspension ride height is still standard as I want to see the wheels on first and then consider the ride height / space in the arches.

My question is can anyone advise if I'd require spacers and if you've already fitted this wheel size on a Caravelle and lowered it would you be good enough to post some pictures

just out of interest are you changing the tyres?
What size tyres do you intend to use?

I'm using the tyres that came on the wheels on my wife's Infiniti which was part of the attraction, the tyres are at 7mm so using full blown 'man maths' the wheels are costing nothing.
275/40 tyres seem like the best option I think

You'll see that these are very large tyres to start with compared to OEM.
I've run 255/55/18 with a 30mm drop suspension before, which are quite a bit smaller than the ones you have; and they only just fitted; plus they had a significant effect on the gearing

37.8mm further out on the front is alot; I think the last time I measured 25mm on the fronts brought the tyres out level, much more and it may have had an MOT issue without wheel arch extensions

I'm away from home for a week and haven't actually seen the wheels but my plan is to fit them up and see how they look before deciding on how to go forward but thanks for your view on it.

Back