Advice on Power Supply units please

YorkshirePudding

VIP Member
Hello,

I am converting my T6 this winter and would like some advice please on a good control unit to buy. It would run a compressor fridge, interior lights and to charge the leisure battery etc from a 240v hookup. I have seen Zig and Sargent and would prefer a smaller control panel if possible but am open to any advice or recommendations. Do they take up a lot of room inside cupboards and where do you all recommend I put the control panel for access but also aesthetics? Thank you very much in advance.

If you want to charge your leisure battery, then you need a battery charger which is capable of acting as a power supply, otherwise your leisure battery will not be charged properly.

I have a Victron IP65 10 Amp model, which sits in the bottom of a cupboard, and just works. It is permanently wired to the EHU supply. It has Bluetooth, so I use the Victron App to see what it is doing - no need for space consuming displays.

Pete

I had a similar request and spoke with several people here in the know. All suggested various models of battery charger/power supply units but all included a victron IP65. I went for the 15A model

I had a similar request and spoke with several people here in the know. All suggested various models of battery charger/power supply units but all included a victron IP65. I went for the 15A model
Me too, fitting it today.

Thank you very much for your comments. I was also pointed in this direction very kindly by Travelvolts so I think I will be going down this route too.

Back