Adjustable Air Vents In Satin

Ads_Essex

Local lowlife
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
hello all,

I have the standard panel-van dash air vents
and find it a bit annoying that you can’t adjust the output with outermost vents (so the drivers right-hand and passenger left hand) once you have the angle set:
44C3F796-7983-4F83-B20E-3A168FF39C3C.jpeg

I’m looking to replace the outer air-vents with units that have the adjuster wheel at the bottom:
7F4AA1A9-385F-4921-92BB-4E09BAE94A0C.jpeg

The only ones I can seem to find on a search are the gloss-black (black-onyx?) vents...
as I’m looking to keep with the matte look, I’m posting this to see if anyone has / knows of matte-black vents with the adjuster wheel at the bottom.

Cheers,
Adam.

They dont fit properly, they are part of the comfort dash and designed to sit next to the upper dash glovebox that has the full lid
The locating pins are slightly different and the whole thing has a slightly different profile, pretty sure you could trim the locating pins off (only the locators not the clips that actually hold it in place) and dremel the bottom returnm lip off slightly and get them in

and no there is no matt black, its only gloss black/black or gloss black/silver then all the fancy comfort dash colours blue/biege/red etc

They dont fit properly, they are part of the comfort dash and designed to sit next to the upper dash glovebox that has the full lid
The locating pins are slightly different and the whole thing has a slightly different profile, pretty sure you could trim the locating pins off (only the locators not the clips that actually hold it in place) and dremel the bottom returnm lip off slightly and get them in

and no there is no matt black, its only gloss black/black or gloss black/silver then all the fancy comfort dash colours blue/biege/red etc
Typical! Cheers Pauly, that’s put that one to bed then, as I’m not looking to upgrade the whole lot to gloss.

I didn't realise they made outside vents that can't be closed, what a ridculous piece of penny pinching!

@T6180
Thats V smart Sir.

Are those the OEM vents and stereo surrounds ? Have you got part numbers and prices please please
Many Thanks
Im thinking fit a matt black van x box in there too

@T6180
Thats V smart Sir.

Are those the OEM vents and stereo surrounds ? Have you got part numbers and prices please please
Many Thanks
Im thinking fit a matt black van x box in there too
There caravelle vents from the comfort dash just trimmed to fit as @Pauly mentioned above, I don't have the part numbers sorry

@T6180 I've got the vents to do myself - will end up looking like yours! Quick question - the centre looks like a straight swap, no hacking. The outers, is it just the very bottom lip on the piano bezel that needs to be tweeked? Does the rest look and sit proper. I ended up breaking most of my originals removing them for other things hence the upgrade.

@T6180 I've got the vents to do myself - will end up looking like yours! Quick question - the centre looks like a straight swap, no hacking. The outers, is it just the very bottom lip on the piano bezel that needs to be tweeked? Does the rest look and sit proper. I ended up breaking most of my originals removing them for other things hence the upgrade.
Yeah you'll need to trip the bottoms of the outer vents. The centre trim needs tweaking if you have the standard Highline dash, mainly there are a couple of prongs that align with the comfort dash glovebox that you need to remove

Thanks mate. I purchased the comfort glovebox too well annoyed as that def won’t fit !! Thanks for your help !

Thanks mate. I purchased the comfort glovebox too well annoyed as that def won’t fit !! Thanks for your help !
it can be done but a lot of cutting, you'd be better of buying the comfort dash itself if you wanted the glovebox fitted

Yep can see it will fit but the bottom edge wouldn’t look finished to be honest. I’m annoyed, try the van x one instead

I just fitted the side vents and stereo surround to limit the gloss look

View attachment 35749

I've just done the lower half mod to comfort myself. Nice and simple one to do apart from getting that AC pipe into the bottle chiller!
I have the part numbers for the vents, centre as you have added here but do you know if the instrument cluster trim fits too as i will order this in glass black?

I've just done the lower half mod to comfort myself. Nice and simple one to do apart from getting that AC pipe into the bottle chiller!
I have the part numbers for the vents, centre as you have added here but do you know if the instrument cluster trim fits too as i will order this in glass black?

It will need trimming slightly on the lower right hand side.
Some info in my thread here: https://www.t6forum.com/threads/my-t6-audio-upgrade.21234/page-2#post-297914

Back