Adjust DRL brightness on OEM LED Headlamps

russters

VCDS User
I have the factory fitted LED headlights but am having issues with people not seeing my front indicators at roundabouts which is an issue as I live in East Kibride which has about a million of them, I didn't or don't have this issue in my t5.1 with led lamps and led indicators, is there an option using VCDS to turn the lights off when indicating??

You can have the DRLs ‘wink’ when the indicator is on but I don’t think you can do the dipped beam though.

just went out and checked when day time DRL goes off when indicating, when sidelights on (only available on the switch) the DRL dims a bit, and dipped beam the DRL does nothing noticable
has anyone fitted LED front indicators to the LED headlights??

just went out and checked when day time DRL goes off when indicating, when sidelights on (only available on the switch) the DRL dims a bit, and dipped beam the DRL does nothing noticable
has anyone fitted LED front indicators to the LED headlights??
I fitted leds to mine bit I took them out. You could hardly see them in the daytime. I guess the reflectors are set up for an incandescent lamp and don’t work very well with a multipoint led source

I fitted leds to mine bit I took them out. You could hardly see them in the daytime. I guess the reflectors are set up for an incandescent lamp and don’t work very well with a multipoint led source
thanks for the reply

Merry Christmas everyone.

So has anyone managed to adjust the DRL brightness on the LED's on factory LED headlights? just for when the DRL's are on and no dipped lights. The standard setting on mine seems way too low. I've read on other VW forums (cars) this it is possible but requires security access code to module

Is your setup factory fit or retrofit?
Can you see the difference in brightness between side lights and DRLs?

Reactions: mmi
Retrofit. So turns out that the DRL option hadn't been enabled.
Used Carista, enabled and now have option to turn oil DRL via the MFD.
All sorted.. phew

Back