Adding Spotlights To T6 With Factory Fit LEDs

David Deere

Just a note for anyone else trying to work out which wire you need to splice into, to get spotlights working on a T6 that has factory fit LEDs, it's the thin white/black one and not the thicker white/black one on pin 8.

There is another post here that said pin 6 was the low beam and pin 8 was the high (main) beam, but that's not the case if you've got LEDs by the looks. I took this to be correct without checking, sadly.

After doing a beautiful job of splicing in my relay trigger to pin 8, it was always on if the headlights were on (no matter high/low/parkers), so that was disappointing.

This is the picture that got it sorted out for me:

20181117_111731-jpg.31756

So thanks to the poster who put that up. Took a lot of searching to find it though! Now to hook up my LED Lightbar...

Cheers
David

Just following up on the end results of my headlight pin investigations. This is how she looks with the bull-bar fitted and the DRLs running:

And a few more, if I can post multiple images per post?

46878-a92b46de9368c1c28557e1d60f836997.jpg

46877-3fd2a9612480f342d8ae447e78aa280d.jpg

46874-e656dccf04eecf595aa7398ac4b8253a.jpg

I've added twin recovery hooks to the bullbar for when we get stuck in sand. Probably not strong enough to do a full bore snatch-strap recovery, but good enough for towing and moderate snatching.

Last edited by a moderator:
The little antenna is for a 40 channel VHF comms radio. pretty common in Australia for between car communications when travelling:

46875-b0b99b9d06922a79d277f4b80ef2534f.jpg

About 30 Km range depending upon terrain. Good for chatting to trucks/road trains, or others in your convoy.

It's not properly industrial strength, like bullbars we get here for 'proper' 4x4s, but probably strong enough for a small kangaroo.

Just wanted some protection for the radiator/intercooler if we whack an animal out in the bundu.

Looks awesome David, the lights on the bulbar look mint!

I am looking into getting a bullbar as well, to fit it when my van arrives, for same reasons as you mention.... which/ where did you get the bullbar from? and the what was the cost of it if I may ask, please.

Lucian Dinu - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Nice to see the folk “down under” sharing their mods - especially those that are illegal here in the UK (bull bars!) Your light bar works a treat on it.

I’ve got the same bull bar - around A$2400 direct from QLD bull bars in Brisbane. Excellent for mounting the light bar.
View attachment 138042
I’ve got the same bull bar - around A$2400 direct from QLD bull bars in Brisbane. Excellent for mounting the light bar.
View attachment 138042
Hi Peter61, I am looking at a light bar for my 6.1 4motion saw yours on forum and looks cool, I have the same QLD bull bar set up as you and was leaning towards a Stedi set up any thoughts
regards Russell

Very happy with the quality of the Stedi light bar. Just a caution with the T6.1, if you have the adaptive cruise control which I think is standard, the radar unit for it will be affected if you mount the light bar where I have. Most appear to mount it on top of the upper bar which I think is illegal in certain australian states.

Very happy with the quality of the Stedi light bar. Just a caution with the T6.1, if you have the adaptive cruise control which I think is standard, the radar unit for it will be affected if you mount the light bar where I have. Most appear to mount it on top of the upper bar which I think is illegal in certain australian states.
Yes is illegal, what did it do to the cruise control

Back