Adding Kombi lights to rear seat-bases.

3crispies

Classic Vws
T6 Guru
Adding extra lighting in front seat bases, is there somewhere local to tap off, our passenger seat has no fused connectors as it was originally a panel van. Or is it a case of soldering off permanent 12v+ (red/black) and timed negative 12v- (brown/red) at original roof lights.
thanx in advance

Adding extra lighting in front seat bases, is there somewhere local to tap off, our passenger seat has no fused connectors as it was originally a panel van. Or is it a case of soldering off permanent 12v+ (red/black) and timed negative 12v- (brown/red) at original roof lights.
thanx in advance
Take the feed from your step light.
If you don’t have any step lighting, then take the feed from your ceiling light (the cargo area one is easier to tee off of).

thanx in advance
I am thinking of doing the same to my combi, Can I ask you what lights you will be using on the front seat bases please Thanks

I added these to the rear of my kombi to match the front, they are wired to the ambient circuit so come on with the lights. I just ran a feed from the front too footwell to the passenger seat.

If you wire off the step light they'll be on the courtesy circuit, which is maybe what you want that they only come on when you open the door?

20210102_131047.jpg

They look great and I think your way will be the way we will go as it looks spot on Thanks and good job well done.

I added these to the rear of my kombi to match the front, they are wired to the ambient circuit so come on with the lights. I just ran a feed from the front too footwell to the passenger seat.

If you wire off the step light they'll be on the courtesy circuit, which is maybe what you want that they only come on when you open the door?

View attachment 97173
have only roof lights as it was originally a panel van bud

Back