Trendline fog-light retrofit

Pedro

Sock Model
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Pauly, do you know if it's possible to fit the standard fog lights as a retro fit, I have the trendline but need to put in fog lights as will be going for sportline front spoiler ?

I have no idea mate, dont think theres anything stopping you from fitting the actual units you will prob need to buy the mounts and new fascia trims in the lower bumper section but i reckon that would be sortable.
Making them work with the onboard system is a different story, at the end of the day they only need a 12V supply so theres nothing stopping you from fitting a switch somewhere on the dash and running a wire to them controlling them manually, the vehicle wouldnt actually know they are there

Thanks for reply mate, I must admit I had fog lights fitted to my old t5 and never used them !!!!!
Just think with going for sportline spoiler I'll need them fitting , for nothing more than finishing the look of it.

Agreed, they dont really need to work but if your going to the trouble of fitting them it wouldnt be much more to wire them up to a switch

Thanks for all the advice, and Pauly I think your right about at least wiring them to a switch.
I was also toying with the idea of maybe putting the daytime running lights where the fog lights go ( as the trendline has the grooves for them where the high line has its fog lights ???

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Just picked up fog lights and new trims to be fitted to my trendline bumper, was quite surprised at the size of the fog lights......
Have took photos in case anyone else need info on them.

Reactions: HHO
I asked my local dealer same question they said yes but I'd need all these other bits like power ecu or something like that. And would end up big big bucks. But I like the idea of wiring them to the DRL'S.
If you don't mind roughly how many pennies where these parts @Pedro ?

Hi @GordyT6 , the parts so far are the 2 trims and the foglights which cost me £182 all in.
Which was £54.94 each fog lights
And £ 20.80 for trims then vat on top
But have a look at parts numbers
On eBay, I'm going to call them tomorrow to see exactly what the score is with them as this may be a more cost effective way to fit them .

Cool @Pedro keep us posted. I can remember exactly what he said. I'm sure it was some sort of power driver. But thanks for the numbers. But do fancy em. Big time !

Hi @Pedro, I have also just purchased fog lights and trims for my T6, would you know if the wiring loom for the fog lights is already fitted to all T6's across the range, before I buy a wiring set needlessly?

I've just found this thread . Im going to add fog lights to my van so if anyone in the thread has any updates about fitting and getting them to work that would be great. Cheers

Have you bought the bits yet ?
I have two wiring kits, one to make them work straight of the switch and another for full cornering if you have a compatible BCM ?

Send me a PM if your interested

Hi, how did you all get in with this install? Did you already have the access panel in the wheel housing panel for changing bulbs? I’m looking to retrofit fogs in my Beach and noticed I don’t have that access panel, anyone know if changing the wheel housing liner is difficult/expensive?

Had a look at the prices on these the other day and the front arch liners are around £95 for a pair retail
Personally for that amount of money i would bother all it gives you is a small pop off cover for bulb access, for the number of times you will need to do it you can get the same access by removing a couple screws underneath and a couple screws in the lip of the arch liner and you can bend the liner backwards and get your hand in there sufficiently to change a bulb

looking to fit of these also on a t6 startline for which i have now acquired a smooth bumper to be repainted to match body alongside a set of new grills & upper grill & a sportline splitter, i have sourced both foglights & the trims to fit them, i am led to believe there is also a set of mounts i will require to fit them, does anybody have the info on these mounts? and what they cost or part numbers?

Have you bought the bits yet ?
I have two wiring kits, one to make them work straight of the switch and another for full cornering if you have a compatible BCM ?

Send me a PM if your interested
Hi

I want to install the T6 fog lights and have them either connected to main lights drl or be on a switch - would the loom you had do this and do you have one for sale by any chance?

Thanks, Rik.

Yes I have wiring to do that, send me a pm and I will double check prices

Back