Adding A Third Row Of Seats In A Kombi!

RyanGerry

VIP Member
T6 Guru
So my wife has decided that with the third child on the way that the van isn’t big enough. She has asked the question if it’s possible to place a third row in the back like the caravelle.

All I can see is £££££ to do something like this! Am I right ?

I would give colin a call at @VWVC . Hes the man for that job . He has done work for a few of use on here and you cant fault him TBH .

I had the brackets put into the floor at positions for 3rd & 4th row . If using triple bench , it will not clip in to 4th row position .
Cost for one set brackets fitted was £100 by local converter . Didn't include seatbelts - just put brackets to give flexibility when parked up .

Mine came fitted with a third row bench seat so eminently doable.

4 brackets with easy access underneath (unlike row 2 which needs the fuel tank dropping).

Have a look on ebay - brackets, bench seats and belts all available and will give an idea of prices.

Two suggestions / comments:-

- you might want to fit rear side windows to alleviate travel sickness.

- would a single shuttle seat work? This uses same fixings as the bench seat and has an integral seatbelt. No need for side seat belts and gives cargo space either side. Also light / easy to remove unlike a bench seat which needs 2 people. I was planning to do this and bought a seat / brackets but plan changed - still available to buy!!

Ian

Another thought - are your row 2 seats a bench or a 2seat/1seat combination?

If its a bench then access to row 3 will be challenging!

I have to ask this, but how are you struggling for space in a van?

What front passenger seat/s do you have at the moment? If it's a single, would a double be a simpler solution?

I have one of those for sale too!!

Not as comfy as a captains chair and not always simple as air bag needs changing.

I have to ask this, but how are you struggling for space in a van?

What front passenger seat/s do you have at the moment? If it's a single, would a double be a simpler solution?
It’s more the set up of having the two middle chairs turned around so we can all sit at a table, we have an 8 month old an 8 year old and one on the way so the middle row with two car seats plus an 8 year old will be tight, so I’d put the 8 year old on the back seat

F840BEB5-93FB-475A-9857-A3C25EF8C8A0.png

Sounds like you need to have a look at T5 Cotswold Parts... or change to a Caravelle.

If you have a factory kombi, with a 2+1 in the second row, you can fit a triple and feet in the 3rd row, with belts (Fixing points are alreadythere on a factory kombi - Need stripping and the panels need modifying). Or you can fit a shuttle centre single seat in the middle position in the rear, as this has the seatbelt integral - Both use the same mounting positions, or two in the very back row on on each side. The options are endless.

The other option to go Caravelle, as we have done in our demo (although with 4 single swivel Capetians chairs) is the next stage and a lot more involved, and certainly more costly, dependant on the cost of the complete kit, and they are not cheap.

We can do all of this, to VW spec, using all correct reinforcement bracket with a fitting certificate at the end. We keep some of the seat option in stock.

HTH

If you have a factory kombi, with a 2+1 in the second row, you can fit a triple and feet in the 3rd row, with belts (Fixing points are alreadythere on a factory kombi - Need stripping and the panels need modifying). Or you can fit a shuttle centre single seat in the middle position in the rear, as this has the seatbelt integral - Both use the same mounting positions, or two in the very back row on on each side. The options are endless.

The other option to go Caravelle, as we have done in our demo (although with 4 single swivel Capetians chairs) is the next stage and a lot more involved, and certainly more costly, dependant on the cost of the complete kit, and they are not cheap.

We can do all of this, to VW spec, using all correct reinforcement bracket with a fitting certificate at the end. We keep some of the seat option in stock.

HTH
PM’d you

Heres my 3rd row set up.

As Bognor Motors says, it bolts down through factory positions.20190504_162230.jpg

Hi all ...I'm really needing some help ..up north so no one to ask ..new to this van stuff ..have a kombi 2nd row now looking to install middle 3 seat bench with side belts ...but where to mount the belts and what we need exactly is proving impossible to find out ... please can someone advise or point me in the right direction.....thanks

Back