Adblue - issues resolved, before I buy a van?

vinayk

Guys

I’m buying T6 eu6 204 Dsg next week, I have been doing an search on here and lot of people having issues with the Adblue issue on the dashboard errors and engine light coming on etc.

Has this been solved?

Has the Adblue software update sorted it?

Do you recommend not to get the T6 due this problems as I have a day or so to get deposit back

Personally I didn't let the adblue put me off buying a T6... If you read through the posts, a lot of the issues were self induced by people over-filling the adblue tank....

Yes, it's probably not the best system out there....but as far as I am aware the update just meant it used a bit more adblue to reduce emissions...

Personally I wouldn't let it put you off.... devise a strategy from people on here... such as let it get down to 500 miles left on adblue display then put 10 litres in and forget it for another 5ooo miles... it should be as easy as that....

Personally don't let it put you off buying a T6 is my advice.

Same here...the system doesn't like being topped up like you may fuel...just wait for the dash to tell you it needs it in 5000ish miles...then stick another 10L in.

having a euro6 was a positive point for me as i plan to keep it a long time and therefore try to future proof as much as is practically possible.

Last edited:
It tells you how much to put in and then just put that amount in, not more. If it says 6L dont try to.put in 10L.

Afterwards ignition on for30 secs and then start engine

I’ve had 3 Transporters, one after the other. T5 1.9Tdi, T5GP 2.0Tdi and my current T6 euro6.
I did 40-50k miles in the first 2 and never had a single fault code nor engine issue. My T6 however has had numerous failures all related to adblue and emissions. It’s the only van I’ve owned from new and regret ordering the euro 6 engine. The T6 euro5 would have been perfect.
I convert vans for a living and all my T6 customers have had warranty issues with their T6s.
In summary I love my T6 but hate the unreliability of the engine.

I've read through post after post intently regarding how to try and avoid the pitfalls and issues that other people have suffered....

Two things i've taken onboard - Don't overfill your adblue and don't let your fuel tank drop below the magical quarter full mark.. Frequent running of the vehicle below this mark can and has led to various emissions issues...

Make sure it's got LED headlights everything else you can cure for reasonable money but retro fitting some at £2.5k plus just to be able to see the road ahead knocks a bit of the shine off of owning a T6.:cautious:

Thank you for all who have replied with their feedback, it’s all comes down to human error that people doing with adblue overfills etc and can someone post pic of the adblue on dashboard saying this Amount of miles left and how many litres left so I get idea how it looks

18,000 trouble free miles on my 204 diesel.

I run a fleet of about 20 T6's, there's been a few minor issues, but they are much more reliable than the previous Transit Customs and my local VW dealer is infinitely better than the local Ford dealer.

Back