Adblue sensor issues

tobywbbr

Hi All,

I am sure this has been asked a million times so apologise in advance if it has. I did check through the other forum notes but could see anything about this particular issue.

So we bought our new T6 yesterday and were on our long drive home. I stopped at the services for a quick Maccies and once I got back on the motorway the AdBlue light came on saying "650miles till unable to start" Ober the course of the rest of our journey this went down in 50 mile chunks. Got home and it said 500 miles till unable to start. Nipped out this morning with a can of AdBlue and tried to fill it and it looks like its full as it came bubbling back out of the filler........

I have seen on here that it could be that it's been overfilled (the guy who I bought it off said he had recently filled the AdBlue up) and the overfill has caused the sensor to stick or that the overfill leads to a build-up of AdBlue in the neck which makes the sensor read incorrectly.

Any suggestions on what to do.... Should I try and drain it all out, Do I just try and replace the sensor...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the noob-esque question but this is our first van.

Cheers
Toby

Hi All,

I am sure this has been asked a million times so apologise in advance if it has. I did check through the other forum notes but could see anything about this particular issue.

So we bought our new T6 yesterday and were on our long drive home. I stopped at the services for a quick Maccies and once I got back on the motorway the AdBlue light came on saying "650miles till unable to start" Ober the course of the rest of our journey this went down in 50 mile chunks. Got home and it said 500 miles till unable to start. Nipped out this morning with a can of AdBlue and tried to fill it and it looks like its full as it came bubbling back out of the filler........

I have seen on here that it could be that it's been overfilled (the guy who I bought it off said he had recently filled the AdBlue up) and the overfill has caused the sensor to stick or that the overfill leads to a build-up of AdBlue in the neck which makes the sensor read incorrectly.

Any suggestions on what to do.... Should I try and drain it all out, Do I just try and replace the sensor...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the noob-esque question but this is our first van.

Cheers
Toby

Hopefully someone will be along soon to help you. My reading of the posts is that an overfill of AdBlue can cause issues, though I have no direct experience of this. @Niknak - can you help?

Hopefully someone will be along soon to help you. My reading of the posts is that an overfill of AdBlue can cause issues, though I have no direct experience of this. @Niknak - can you help?
Thanks, I hope someone can help....

If it is an overfill I hope there is something that can be done. I was thiking do I try and syphon / drain the tank and start again but I dont want to make things worse.

Cheers

More likely an annoying glitch in old ECU software. Usually the fault clears by engine restart, or two. Have you already tried that. The final cure is to update ECU (engine) software - at VW dealer.
What engine - see configuration label under dash by steering column - something like CXXX? DSG? 4Motion? What the vehicle VIN - just 10 first digits please- WV_ZZZ7_...?

If there is a know software update concur your dealer regarding getting it looked at, I hate the bloody stuff always a pain in the arse, you could try syphoning some out a good few litres and disconnecting the battery for a while and retrying to see if anything has changed, seems to be a thing across the board with manufacturers bmw are terrible I’m always fitting new tanks to them and they are not cheap at all

More likely an annoying glitch in old ECU software. Usually the fault clears by engine restart, or two. Have you already tried that. The final cure is to update ECU (engine) software - at VW dealer.
What engine - see configuration label under dash by steering column - something like CXXX? DSG? 4Motion? What the vehicle VIN - just 10 first digits please- WV_ZZZ7_...?

Hi,

The label under the dash says CXGB There is a QWM at the end on the txt as well

The engine is the 102ps 5 speed manual

The VIN is: WV1ZZZ7HZH

Thanks

Toby

Reactions: mmi

Hiya,

Yeah I have tried to restart a couple of times. I will try and syphone the tank out ( a few litres) and diconnect the battery. Would I be right to also disconnect the lesiure battery as well?

Thanks
Toby

Reactions: mmi
Hiya,

Yeah I have tried to restart a couple of times. I will try and syphone the tank out ( a few litres) and diconnect the battery. Would I be right to also disconnect the lesiure battery as well?

Thanks
Toby
Should not need to as should be isolated via your split charge depending on system

Rodent damage to the sensor cable is also a known issue according to the VW assist guy.... ie chewed cable.

Hi to All
I have issue with Adblue alarm on my T6 150 manual from 2018. I back from VW service, They keep van was for 2 days and they can't reset alarm. I have still 350 miles to go.
Please help!!

They told me that software has been updated.
My friend connect yesterday laptop to the van and I noticed number 6120 or 6130 (I forgot to made a photograph).

Back