Adblue Nox sensor fault ?

T6Chris

Web/graphic designer
T6 Pro
I seem to have developed an issue with the emission warning light. It came on while on the way back from Camper mart.
Van has only done 1220 miles so not too happy!

Got one of the VW tech guys to come and check, great guy, knew his stuff. Seems it's a fault with a Nox sensor on the adblue system. Apparently a few other instances reported so could be a faulty batch?

I'll post error code later.

Off to the dealer later, somewhat concerned as they said they'll run another test while I wait which makes me think they'll just reset it and tell me all is well, sad but I fear it could be going that way with this dealer. Hopefully I can get to the guy who seems to actually give a shit about customer care!

Can they erase fault code data completely or does it stay there?

The tech guy said all it needs is the adblue tank draining and a new sensor fitted, no big deal, so we'll see what happens...

Updates to follow.

Once its cleared it will disappear from VCDS but may still be visible with a VAS (dealer) machine
Its not unheard off for a random fault code to get reset and disappear, if theres a problem it will just come straight back on as soon as the fault reappears so they can really mask a fault

I seem to have developed an issue with the emission warning light. It came on while on the way back from Camper mart.

Got one of the VW tech guys to come and check, great guy, knew his stuff. Seems it's a fault with a Nox sensor on the adblue system. Apparently a few other instances reported so could be a faulty batch?

Off to the dealer later, somewhat concerned as they said they'll run another test while I wait which makes me think they'll just reset it and tell me all is well, sad but I fear it could be going that way with this dealer. Hopefully I can get to the guy who seems to actually give a shit about customer care!

The tech guy said all it needs is the adblue tank draining and a new sensor fitted, no big deal, so we'll see what happens...

Updates to follow.
Hi pal any update on this problem you had as dealer says that my NOx sensor needs replacing. This after having the AdBlue Injector replaced last week.

Sorry, not been on here for a while, bit busy! They ended up having it back and putting a new one on, all good since, no more problems apart from a bloody puncture!

Sorry, not been on here for a while, bit busy! They ended up having it back and putting a new one on, all good since, no more problems apart from a bloody puncture!
So they just replaced the NOx Senor nothing else.
Can you remember the error code you had?

As far as I can remember yes, just the sensor and then they refilled the AdBlue tank as that had to come off apparently.
Looking at the report I have it says the following:
P2OEE - SCR NOX Catalyst Efficiency below threshold (Bank 1)

As far as I can remember yes, just the sensor and then they refilled the AdBlue tank as that had to come off apparently.
Looking at the report I have it says the following:
P2OEE - SCR NOX Catalyst Efficiency below threshold (Bank 1)
That's what I keep getting. Unfortunately they replaced the NOx senor and Injector and still getting fault. Thanks for info.

I initially had a few issues when I first bought mine and I can relate to how you're probably feeling right now, pissed off! But, stay positive, and when it does get sorted it all be worth it, I'm loving mine now (as long as nothing else goes wrong ;)

Updates to follow.
T6 Chris

Mine developed the same fault at 5000 miles after its first Adblue top up.

Same thing happned six times with my new T6 camper. First time the AA just re-set the computer, second time the VW van centre blamed me for contaminated adblue, washed it out and re-filled and re-set. Third time just re-set. Fourth time said it was faulty lambda sensor - repalced and re-set. Fifth time faulty adblue injector - replaced and re-set. Sixth time leaking adblue inject - repaired and re-set. Hopefully they will not be seventh. I am persuing a claim against VW. Customer services said my case was unique. Its interesting to note that they are lying.

Hopefully they will not be seventh.
You don't say which engine you have but if it's a 150 there will be a seventh if they haven't yet changed the differential pressure sensor that there is a recall on at the moment.

Back