AdBlue Issue after software update

My consumption has increased significantly since the update. A full tank registered 5500 miles before the update and now a fill up only registers 3500 miles. I always top up with a 10L drum when the display reads max 2.25gal. Also, since the update that doesn’t happen until around 7-800 mile range remaining which usually triggers the threats the van won’t start of ad-blue is not added. All very annoying. But regents seem to happen less frequently and are completed quicker. Not sure if that’s related or not?

Thanks for all the replies, so it looks like the excessive consumption and update are probably linked as i thought, it'll be interesting to see what they say after it goes back in on the 1st, they said they'd require the van for most of the day.

I'll update this thread once its been back in

Quick update, The system seems to have rectified itself (or learned as VW put it)
This week the vans covered approx 500 miles and the AdBlue is now showing 650 miles, so if anything it's improved on the range.

The van is still going in to VW on Monday, but just for a free refill, apparently the van has to plugged in while they refill the AdBlue and the data is sent to VW to be checked/analysed.

Back