Adblue and Exhaust warning light poll- what is happening to who, with what vans, driving how, is the problem getting fixed, how long is this taking..

Have you had Adblue / Exhaust warning light issues?

• Total voters
"Reducing agent : urea concentration 0.00%" is this correct or would you expect to see some level of urea?

There are T6 engine softwares which report non-zero urea concentration. E.g the link below.

Surprisingly exists also T6 engine softwares which always report 0% urea concentration. E.g. here:

As yours doesn't manifest AdBlue faults it's software probably belongs to the latter group.

I got the little orange engine light yesterday only way home from a drive to Weston Super Mare. For completeness, here's a picture of the rev counter along with the relevant sections from the manual:
Panel.jpgManual 1.jpgManual 2.jpg
As anybody who has read my previous posts will know, I know nothing about mechanical stuff so it worried me all the way home and I plugged Carista in, it showed two engine / exhaust related faults - P20EE and 31103 (along with 4 others, more of which later maybe!). FWIW Ad Blue was topped off about 600 miles ago.
I plan on calling AA Assist later this morning and I'll see what they have to say before comtemplating the potentially long schlep to my nearest VW Centre and will report back later.

I plugged Carista in, it showed two engine / exhaust related faults - P20EE and 31103
Could you please post "Detailed ECU info"-report (under Carista Service menu).

@mmi. Here you go. I've deleted part of the VIN number but if you need it I'll PM you. I've got VW Assist coming to see me this afternoon and I'll ask them to look at the other fault codes while they're here. I'm hoping that won't be an issue, particularly as one of them seems to relate to the battery which I think is on the way out.

Attachments

• Carista Reporrt.pdf
    22.2 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: mmi
OK so VW Assist arrived earlier today as scheduled - it wasn't the white van VW Assist tech that they had promised but a 'normal' AA van. He plugged into my van and came up with 4 fault codes, 2 of which were unrelated to the exhaust / cat system. BUT the bottom line was he didn't actually think that anything was wrong with the van other than the battery was a bit low on charge but still passed all the tests. After poking around for a while and asking a few questions about driving style and how the van was running (I responded with driving at legal speeds most of the time and is running well but I probably didn't use it enough!), he cleared the faults and told me to keep an eye on things and to call them again if there was a repeat at which point they would probably do the same as he had just done or tell me to visit a van centre. He added that if there was anything really wrong, it would probably have manifested itself as performance issues. All in all, not a lot of use but kind of reassuring (I think!), at least to my uneducated mind.

Any other comments / advice would be much appreciated.

Reactions: mmi
@mmi. Here you go. I've deleted part of the VIN number but if you need it I'll PM you. I've got VW Assist coming to see me this afternoon and I'll ask them to look at the other fault codes while they're here. I'm hoping that won't be an issue, particularly as one of them seems to relate to the battery which I think is on the way out.
Thank you. No need for VIN's last digits.
31103 is just VW's own code for P20EE, thus only 1 fault there. Anyways, there is an engine software update (version 6166) available for your CXHA engine. The update should cure false alarms of this fault - among other things. The trick is to inject some more AdBlue to reduce NOx emissions (more).
1636136217866.png

PS. The same engine with updated software (6166) is mentioned in these threads:

Back