Adblu Filler Pipe Is Threaded - Who Knew?

Markymark

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Adblu range started dropping fairly rapidly whilst in the Outer Hebrides, two garages had none. Down to 650 miles on the dashboard. Remembered the community cafe come fuel station at Ravenspoint sold it so made our way there.

They had 1.5l bottles from Redex. Took off the top tipped it onto the filler pipe and nothing happened. Read the instructions () and found out you have to screw the container into the filler, then pull and the bottle slides out and a valve opens and the adblu is released. Push the bottle back, unscrew and no drips. Very nifty.

Pricey way to do it but we had no choice but I have to say as a piece of design it worked really well. I plan on buying a bottle and keeping it in the van as this is the second time we’ve gone quite low. Last time it was in the middle of Spain.

Holts HLT0001A-TB Engine Consumables & Fuel Products https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00TXDSRW8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qdWQDb094Z9TQ

Useful to know - Not too big to have as an emergency spare!

In your opinion, do you think the redex bottle is re-fillable?

Ian

Would need to remove the cap/valve but I didn’t try, just pleased I’d managed to find some and didn’t have to drive in limp mode to Stornaway! If screwed on should be fine to refill, if crimped/pressed on then might be tricky.

Back