Adaptive Cruise Control problem after hitting bird

CarpyT6

Team Reflex Silver
T6 Guru
Hi guys, i hit a pigeon on the drive home from work and it knocked the sensor for the acc and auto city break thing. I'm now getting "front assist not available" when i turn ignition on, have scanned with obd eleven and getting the pictured fault below, however it isn't letting me clear the fault. Is there anyway i can clear the fault or actually realign the sensor(although it doesnt look misaligned to me) or is it a VW job? Many

Screenshot_20200518-164108_OBDeleven.jpg

I can't see anything obvious, the little black surround had come loose but its clicked back in place

I dont actually have acc i should point out, just the city breaking, don't know if that makes a difference or not though

Just to clarify - OBDeleven doesn't let clear the faults? Or the faults actually come back on immediately?
A bit curious here, could you please show the actual fault codes - just tap those icons to expand.

When i press and hold to clear faults nothing happens. Its comes up in a green box saying clearing fault but the fault remains....this is the fault code...cheers

Screenshot_20200518-180914_OBDeleven.jpg

Reactions: mmi
Thanks. Most likely the reason is fault status being static. I think that actually OBDeleven cleared the fault, but then reads the fault log again - just to see it is there "again". Status code "intermittent" would clear and stay away.

The main radar is the center "box" within the surrounding frame but wouldn't be surprised if the "mirror" is a necessary part for correct functionality.

Thanks. Most likely the reason is fault status being static. I think that actually OBDeleven cleared the fault, but then reads the fault log again - just to see it is there "again". Status code "intermittent" would clear and stay away.

The main radar is the center "box" within the surrounding frame but wouldn't be surprised if the "mirror" is a necessary part for correct functionality.
Ok thanks, is there a way of changing the fault from static to intermittent ? I will try and sqaure up the mirror too and see if it makes a difference.

Ok thanks, is there a way of changing the fault from static to intermittent ? I will try and sqaure up the mirror too and see if it makes a difference.
Not really - intermittent is a glimpse from the past, something not valid any more. Static means the fault is still on. Pictures before and after would be interesting.

Not really - intermittent is a glimpse from the past, something not valid any more. Static means the fault is still on. Pictures before and after would be interesting.
Ok thanks, I'll have a tinker with it and show pics before and after, thanks for your help

Reactions: mmi
Is the little mirror behind the plastic surround the actual sensor as I've just noticed this is on the piss and not square
Got a picture of what were talking about... mirror?

I've managed to reset it guys :) i rescanned and the fault came back, same as before so i went into module 13 acc, basic settings, reset misalignment angle, then pressed and held the green tick to change from not active to active. I was then able to reset fault, have just done a full re scan with no faults present and no warning on dash. Hopefully that has solved the problem.

Many thanks @mmi and @Dellmassive

Screenshot_20200518-200945_OBDeleven.jpg

Back