Acoustic Pack Issue

Chris Brett

Hi guys,
I bought a brand new T6 Highline 4 motion T32 204 DSG Kombi a couple of months ago & think it’s great except one little issue!
I ordered the extra acoustic pack with the dealer but have had an interesting experience.
When the Kombi arrived the spec sheet stated it was fitted so I asked the dealer what it consists of he didn’t know so he contacted VW UK.
They didn’t know as well!!
Cutting a very long story short my Kombi hasn’t had it fitted. VW UK have subsequently confirmed it was discontinued 2 years ago and the option on the dealer system should have been deleted but hadn’t . Their words “it was a mistake”.
So if this is of some help & you have paid for it check now. You’ll probably find the same as me.
Dealer was great & sorted aftermarket sound proofing. They are now chasing VW UK as the sales guy has bought 5x vans with it.
Hope this is of some help.

What I’ve seen when removing interior panels from hundreds of these vehicles. Is some had sound proofing attached to the inside of dash panels, ie panel under steering wheel, centre panel around gear stick, glove box etc

My T5 gp startline kombi has extra sound deadening wrapped around and under dash and glovebox. Nothing like it on my works t6 highline.

It was £168.26 + vat
Code 3w4 Acoustic Pack.

My T5 gp startline kombi has extra sound deadening wrapped around and under dash and glovebox. Nothing like it on my works t6 highline.

Does that code appear on the build sticker (on seat box and in handbook) on the T5 Trendline and not on the Highline T6?

Neither my Trendline T5 or the Highline T6 have that code, I don't know how they differ in actual fitment but I will look next time I'm under the dash covers.

Rod

Hi guys,
I bought a brand new T6 Highline 4 motion T32 204 DSG Kombi a couple of months ago & think it’s great except one little issue!
I ordered the extra acoustic pack with the dealer but have had an interesting experience.
When the Kombi arrived the spec sheet stated it was fitted so I asked the dealer what it consists of he didn’t know so he contacted VW UK.
They didn’t know as well!!
Cutting a very long story short my Kombi hasn’t had it fitted. VW UK have subsequently confirmed it was discontinued 2 years ago and the option on the dealer system should have been deleted but hadn’t . Their words “it was a mistake”.
So if this is of some help & you have paid for it check now. You’ll probably find the same as me.
Dealer was great & sorted aftermarket sound proofing. They are now chasing VW UK as the sales guy has bought 5x vans with it.
Hope this is of some help.
Really helpful thanks added it the Googled it and saw this post so I’ll give this option a miss
Thanks Chris

Back