Accident Other Driver Admitted Responsibility

Petehelmet

T6 Guru
So on my way home tonight somebody put there car down the side of my Van, they admitted responsibility and there insurance company has already called me to say they will take care of all costs including hire van if I wish to proceed and I don’t have to contact my insurance company. Has anybody else been involved in this situation as not sure how to proceed?

Thanks Pete

My gut reaction would be to hold them to it before they change their mind. No personal experience though, thankfully. Hope you get it sorted though mate.

yes I've had similar . . . .

because there is no disputing who is at fault . . . . . the 3rd party has to pay up whatever.

so,

by doing the works direct with you and not via your insurance company they can say money because your insurance company add there admin bits on and make the claim larger.....

With me (non fault claim) , i contacted my insurer (Broker Aplan) who passed me over to the claims handlers - a third party solicitors/claims recovery/legal team. . . . who then dealt directly with the third party insurer.

Long story short everything got fixed by them and didn't have to pay a Bean . . . .

But i would still contact your insurer and seek specific advice on how to proceed. . . . .

you might have legal cover that will kick-ass for you and deal with the third party on your behalf . . . . . and get you a better deal than you dealing with them direct.

remember to ask for VWCV approved/certified repairer . . . . !!

what happend over here >>> A Sad Day - #gutted -

Thanks guys appreciate the quick response, I have a guy in mind to do the repairs and they have said I can use who ever I want

There is normally a time limit from the accident until reporting it to your insurance company.
If the other drivers insurance company start playing funny buggers your company could refuse to help if you don't report in time.
I'm surprised the other driver admitted liability as that's one of the things all insurance companies advise against doing.

id make the most of the situation and get it to a VWCV certified repair center for the full works

Hopefully got lucky for a change as she admitted liability straight away and her insurance company seem to be happy to honour it, A fellow driver even stopped and said he would be happy to be a witness to her being at fault and text me all his details including address and an account of the accident as he saw it

I bet that in the small print...
You are obliged to tell your insurance company whether you claim or not, bearing in mind that they share databases

If it's a clear cut case they will do there best to get in touch and sort it direct as it will save them loads of money as the claim handling company will milk them for as much as possible.
If you call your insurance they will probably advise to use their 'approved' claim handling company so they get their kick back.

When my first van got written off ( it was parked at the time) I just went along with it as I didn't know any better and got put in a shite little courtesy nissan note which somehow the other insurance co didn't seem to know about for a month or so which I think ended costing them more than the payout for my van! And took about 6 months to sort!
So when I got knocked off my motorbike I rang her insurance co directly and said will you sort it which they gladly did. They organised follow up medical treatment and agreed a decent value for the bike (more than I paid) plus a good amount for my injuries and all got sorted swiftly.
Last year my t6 got written off, again I rang her insurance co and they handled it and again they paid for a replacement and expenses and I think it took just over a month. They gave me a decent courtesy car after saying I didn't want a panel van (hire companies don't have kombis!) And then when I said i was going away for the weekend and needed to get 4 people and bikes in which wouldn't fit in the car they let me organise hire and paid for a minibus for the weekend!
It didn't stop vultures getting in touch and deviously convincing me to let them handle it by saying her insurance co had authorized them to handle the claim on my behalf! It wasn't until their injury solicitor was talking up the injuries they decided I had and telling me what their cut of the claim was I realised I'd be tricked!

In my experience they will certainly help to make sure it goes as quickly and smoothly as possible to save them money.

If it's a clear cut case they will do there best to get in touch and sort it direct as it will save them loads of money as the claim handling company will milk them for as much as possible.
If you call your insurance they will probably advise to use their 'approved' claim handling company so they get their kick back.

When my first van got written off ( it was parked at the time) I just went along with it as I didn't know any better and got put in a shite little courtesy nissan note which somehow the other insurance co didn't seem to know about for a month or so which I think ended costing them more than the payout for my van! And took about 6 months to sort!
So when I got knocked off my motorbike I rang her insurance co directly and said will you sort it which they gladly did. They organised follow up medical treatment and agreed a decent value for the bike (more than I paid) plus a good amount for my injuries and all got sorted swiftly.
Last year my t6 got written off, again I rang her insurance co and they handled it and again they paid for a replacement and expenses and I think it took just over a month. They gave me a decent courtesy car after saying I didn't want a panel van (hire companies don't have kombis!) And then when I said i was going away for the weekend and needed to get 4 people and bikes in which wouldn't fit in the car they let me organise hire and paid for a minibus for the weekend!
It didn't stop vultures getting in touch and deviously convincing me to let them handle it by saying her insurance co had authorized them to handle the claim on my behalf! It wasn't until their injury solicitor was talking up the injuries they decided I had and telling me what their cut of the claim was I realised I'd be tricked!

In my experience they will certainly help to make sure it goes as quickly and smoothly as possible to save them money.

Cheers that the news I was waiting for, someone with a similar experience

Sorry to hear this Pete, hope you're ok, the van can be repaired. It looks like you have it sorted. Good job you had the witness cos some insurance companies will deny and after the face admittance and do say in the fine print to keep your gob shut and admit nothing.
I hope your insurance company plays nice too. They do need to handle things and will get upset if not told.

You must advise you own insurance company - if matters turn for the worse later in the claim process they wont support you. There will be a notification clause in your T&Cs.

Yeah, so they can screw you for years surreptitiously cos you were there.
:mad:

Ok so informed my insurance company as a notification only which took about 45 minutes and then the question, can we forward your details on to our solicitor for accident claims :mad: “NO i wasn’t injured so why do you want to forward my details :mad:

Unfortunately mate you're in the minority there are they expect and enable everyone to make a claim for whiplash whether it was 2 miles an hour or 200 that's why our insurance is so damned expensive. Makes my blood boil too :mad:

Agreed. Another reason it’s expensive:

I had a motorbike stolen months ago. I had a call from the police on the 4th Nov. It had been found and been taken to xxxxx recovery place..
On the 21st nov I received a letter from said recovery firm dated 6th nov and postmarked 19th of nov asking if I was still the owner.

stating they wanted £150 recovery fee and £20 per day storage charge. 17 DAYS OF WHICH THE LETTER HAD SAT ON THEIR DESK UNPOSTED..

I’ve no doubt the insurance company will just cough up, no questions asked.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Unfortunately mate you're in the minority there are they expect and enable everyone to make a claim for whiplash whether it was 2 miles an hour or 200 that's why our insurance is so damned expensive. Makes my blood boil too :mad:

We had a whiplash claim against us
Wife reversing out of a car park space in a supermarket
Shitty battered old transit tipper drove past then as she continued reversed behind her
1 mph impact if that no damage to our car
Insurance company never fought it
And they got £23,000

Back