Acc To 160km/h Function Not Good Over 125km/h

Mcap

I have T6 biturbo frontwheel drive model 2019 with 146kW. The function is poor at speed over 125km/h. Dont buy this it is only for city driving and landroads. At highway bether switch OFF. Tested and it is good only to follow a car front of You. If You drive 140km/h and there is truck going 90km/h the T6 will not see the truck and not give toYou any warnings. It will just put brakes and slow down insted of warning in advance. This is not goot. You have lost speed and to start changing lines to overtake You mus accelerate back again. Second chance is to go before truck cca 100 meter in other line and pass him, but You block other faster drivers. So dont buy this low cost version ACC it is not working over 125km/h . Nobody know if I can build in the top type for 210km/h. Who can do the coding?
BR
MC

I have T6 biturbo frontwheel drive model 2019 with 146kW. The function is poor at speed over 125km/h. Dont buy this it is only for city driving and landroads. At highway bether switch OFF. Tested and it is good only to follow a car front of You. If You drive 140km/h and there is truck going 90km/h the T6 will not see the truck and not give toYou any warnings. It will just put brakes and slow down insted of warning in advance. This is not goot. You have lost speed and to start changing lines to overtake You mus accelerate back again. Second chance is to go before truck cca 100 meter in other line and pass him, but You block other faster drivers. So dont buy this low cost version ACC it is not working over 125km/h . Nobody know if I can build in the top type for 210km/h. Who can do the coding?
BR
MC
I have the ACC to 160km/h option and love it. Like all features and tools in a car 'you' need to know how and when best to make use of its benefits. For me it makes longer journeys much less taxing. Yes, I do sometimes switch it off when i know my skills and eyes would do a better job of controlling the situation than the technology would.
For the money I consider it to be a good safety addition that one day might prevent a collision.

I have it too, find no problem using it at 80-85mph, but don't go above that.

Mine works okay..
Remember though that the faster you go the quicker the acc needs to react so you may find it brakes sooner than just coasting.

I have overcome this ”problem” by setting the ACC distance setting on motorways to “medium/short range” value. This way I’ll get on dash an advance warning of approaching vehicle well before braking takes place thus giving me time to change lane for overtaking. Works fine for me.

BR
MC
That’s how it’s supposed to work, you need to set it up to suit your driving style. You get the ACC display come up on the MFD when it picks up a vehicle in front, then if you don’t do anything it slows down. I generally stay below 70mph & it works perfectly. Great for towing at 60mph too.

Back