ABT body kit. What's your thoughts?

I test drove the Red ABT Conversion from the start of the thread at Wayside in Didcot. It started life as a bog standard Trendline and the Sales Manager agreed for one of the Sales Reps to add the ABT conversion, it's had loads of money spent as it has a leather interior and is fully lined, lowered, 19" Alloys etc etc.

It wasn't for me, but nice van.

This is one of my local VW van centres, and I saw the advert a couple of months ago whilst looking around. Opted for the one I bought and steered well clear of this red thing, didn't even go and take a look up close. All I can say is that if it's still up for sale - there has to be a reason, and that's no doubt down to the ABT kit. It takes a special kind of purchaser who actually likes it, and as it's still there clearly there are not that many folks out there that do.

I had such a different picture in my mind based upon the description.

I love it. It's so much better in person. I get positive comments on mine all the time.

I certainly think it's a vast improvement over standard. Rear wing and front grill not included.

I test drove the Red ABT Conversion from the start of the thread at Wayside in Didcot. It started life as a bog standard Trendline and the Sales Manager agreed for one of the Sales Reps to add the ABT conversion, it's had loads of money spent as it has a leather interior and is fully lined, lowered, 19" Alloys etc etc.
It wasn't for me, but nice van.
Where the hell is Wayside? heard of Rigdeway now Marshalls but not Wayside, that comes up as a house on the Wantage road

Wayside is opposite the BP station/ McDonalds on the Didcot side of the Marcham interchange A34.

Wayside is opposite the BP station/ McDonalds on the Didcot side of the Marcham interchange A34.
Is that what they call it, never looked and I have been there a few times just know what is there. It's nearer Milton than Didcot. Might have to go and look at the Red Beast

Yeah that's what I meant, I got my M's crossed. Didcot side of the Milton Interchange.

I do understand(ish) the attraction, but I really would need about 375bhp under the hood to consider this look, and also I would hope that most of these add-on bits added something more to the transporter experience other than bolt-on aesthetics. Really good design is something that is very very elusive imo. I have looked at my Vel from every angle, and it is really tricky, I change my mind about half a dozen times per week:confused::rolleyes::geek::inlove::mad::thumbsdown::thumbsup:o_O. But, If it works for you, then it works, full stop:thumbsup: Individuality is so important imo, and I don't want my car/van to look just the same as the others.
Landrovers Jerry McGovern, has said this week that we wants to put the aftermarket tuners out of business, by offering Individuality to all new purchasers. Bad news to Mr Kahn/ Overfinch/Lichfield etc; But really good news for LR customers

Last edited:
I still fapping love it. Everytime I look back at the van when walking away. I have caught many people staring and taking pictures especially on the motorway.
I'm sure the van has appeared on barryboys. :rofl:

I have only seen one other van on the road with the abt kit.

Just wish I have the 204 engine. 252bhp & 378lbft would be lovely on the remap.

Stop giving me ideas!!! Lol, keep thinking of remapping it but everyone keeps saying why?? Time will tell if the remap dreams get the better of me.

I still fapping love it. Everytime I look back at the van when walking away. I have caught many people staring and taking pictures especially on the motorway.
I'm sure the van has appeared on barryboys. :rofl:

I have only seen one other van on the road with the abt kit.

Just wish I have the 204 engine. 252bhp & 378lbft would be lovely on the remap.
Got any pics of your van?

Back