Review: AbsoluT5 Audio

@Absolut5. I called you a while ago to talk about having a Kenwood 8020 head unit fitted but was told that you didn't have any stock and expectations for the foreseeable future were low (my words!). Has there been any improvement in the situation please?

Hi, I’ve been in touch with Jason and my next step before deciding which set to go for is to possibly hear what they’re like.

Anyone on here in the Dorset / Somerset area that has had upgrades that wouldn’t mind giving me an audio demo??

Hope so……cheers!
Mine is now fitted and sounds amazing, let me know if you still want a demo
regards
Skip

regards
Skip
It must be tempting to offer a delivery service for those wheels you’re selling…..just think of the lovely sounds you could listen to as you do….. probably quite tempting to discount them to make that journey happen sooner!!!

@Absolut5. I called you a while ago to talk about having a Kenwood 8020 head unit fitted but was told that you didn't have any stock and expectations for the foreseeable future were low (my words!). Has there been any improvement in the situation please?
I’m afraid not, no news from Kenwood .

It must be tempting to offer a delivery service for those wheels you’re selling…..just think of the lovely sounds you could listen to as you do….. probably quite tempting to discount them to make that journey happen sooner!!!
£300 delivered !!!!

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
regards
Skip
I would love a demo! Thanks for getting in touch. I'll check my diary and send over some dates....any days / times work best for you?

Cheers,

Cliff

I would love a demo! Thanks for getting in touch. I'll check my diary and send over some dates....any days / times work best for you?

Cheers,

Cliff
Fridays after 1.30pm or anytime weekends is best for me
all the best
Skip

I did use Absolut5 for a reversing camera install. All I can say is a very professional outfit and quality work. Can't comment on audio though!

Thanks to @Absolut5 Jason for sorting my system out.. I've been testing it all out today after it being fitted on Friday.

The install was completed in approximately 7 hours while I waited (tip for those that do the same, don't bother going to the nearby town, it's shocking)

Hertz Millie pro in doors, 10” sub in twin seat enclosure, Audison SR5.600 amp with bass control, replacement leisure battery and ctek split charger all under drivers seat.

Now i can finally turn it up!

Thanks to @Absolut5 Jason for sorting my system out.. I've been testing it all out today after it being fitted on Friday.

The install was completed in approximately 7 hours while I waited (tip for those that do the same, don't bother going to the nearby town, it's shocking)

Hertz Millie pro in doors, 10” sub in twin seat enclosure, Audison SR5.600 amp with bass control, replacement leisure battery and ctek split charger all under drivers seat.

Now i can finally turn it up!
Oi! That’s my home town! :) if you do go to Shamesbury, sorry, Amesbury, have lunch at the Siam Smile Thai restaurant inside the Antrobus Arms hotel - it really is rather good (and no, I’m nothing to do with the place), plus loads of history worth exploring if you like that sort of thing - but don’t expect a big shopping experience. Salisbury is only 8 miles away and there is a regular bus service.

Oi! That’s my home town! :) if you do go to Shamesbury, sorry, Amesbury, have lunch at the Siam Smile Thai restaurant inside the Antrobus Arms hotel - it really is rather good (and no, I’m nothing to do with the place), plus loads of history worth exploring if you like that sort of thing - but don’t expect a big shopping experience. Salisbury is only 8 miles away and there is a regular bus service.

Sorry! Didn't mean to disrespect your home town dude! but my god, talk about not much going on! I should have got the bus somewhere! I will remember your suggestion for next time! :)

Sorry! Didn't mean to disrespect your home town dude! but my god, talk about not much going on! I should have got the bus somewhere! I will remember your suggestion for next time! :)
Think I was lucky as my visit was back in the Summer on a blazing hot day so I sat outside and life didn't seem so bad.
Glad you're pleased with the upgrade though and Jason really knows his stuff. I still get a kick out of my Signature upgrade every time I drive my T6.1 Camper. Mind you, as far as the rest of the van is concerned, the general downgrading of the audio, quality of the lights, cheapness of the trim leaves me seriously pissed off with VW.
Guess they're funding their massive EV punt at the expense of legacy models!

You’re right about not much going on. Just avoid pubs on a Friday night - that’s when it becomes Shamesbiry! :)

Think I was lucky as my visit was back in the Summer on a blazing hot day so I sat outside and life didn't seem so bad.
Glad you're pleased with the upgrade though and Jason really knows his stuff. I still get a kick out of my Signature upgrade every time I drive my T6.1 Camper. Mind you, as far as the rest of the van is concerned, the general downgrading of the audio, quality of the lights, cheapness of the trim leaves me seriously pissed off with VW.
Guess they're funding their massive EV punt at the expense of legacy models!
Same here, Full camper... quality of the lights?

Last edited:
Back