Review: AbsoluT5 Audio

We’ve had our van done by them. We’re fortunate that we live about a mile from them. Such a great team, friendly and genuinely want to help. They deserve the praise they get.... had to laugh about the Jedi mind trick comment... it’s nearly worked a few times... new head unit... b14s... etc! :)

I think it’s time to plan a trip down with bus 2 could you pm be the cost of the splitter please,

Oh and Gal2009 looks like you done well with your van

So, picked my van up from Jason at @Absolut5 on the 4th of March and my initial thoughts were - what a beautiful job! Due to other commitments I hadn’t had the chance to go away in the van until last weekend and give it a proper testing of all the bits we had done:

So, here goes...

3 stage sound proofing - a vast improvement on road noise, doesn’t feel like I’m sitting in a tin drum any more.

Anthracite and smoke carpet lining - Jason makes a point of pointing out that there is no join or overlaps around the tailgate opening, and so he should, it’s looks fantastic and, a month later, still has me scratching my head about how it was done!

6mm thick panels replaced the old ones and it really gives a solid feel to the back - as well as improved sound deadening properties.

Cabin matching ceiling trim - I’d say it looks OEM, but if you felt both (cabin has original trim) you’d agree that it looks better, and feels better that OEM!

Full mains hook up - Hidden under the bonnet, many options but this was my preferred location.

Leisure battery - Hidden under passenger seat.

Sportscraft swivel bases - these were to replace ones I’d fitted myself, I wasn’t happy with them as they rattled a little and also raised the seat height too much - I suffer from short legs, but hey, they keep my @rse off the ground and that’s all that matters!

Original plastic seatbase trims, and handbrake plastics, all kept, which I really like as it makes it look factory finished.

Webasto heater - What a machine, can’t recommend it highly enough! Jason also fitted it with a custom bracket underneath the van which is a bit more robust than the one that comes with the kit.

On top of all of the above, I also threw in a couple of last minute requests that I hadn’t mentioned when I originally booked it in - Seat swivels, volt meter, carpeting the plastic trim of the sliding door table storage - all were accommodated without issue.

Jason and his wife are such a great team and I really can’t thank them enough - you always worry about putting your pride and joy in with strangers, but I needn’t have worried, I genuinely feel I’ve got the van back with an attention to detail that I’d have done myself, if I’d had their skills - can’t ask for more.

Bit of a waffle, but with a few bad experiences of customer service recently, it’s refreshing to call out the good!

Many thanks to you and your wife, Jason (apologies for forgetting her name!)

Last edited:
So, picked my van up from Jason at @Absolut5 on the 4th of March and my initial thoughts were - what a beautiful job!

Hey Ian, I was their next job! you were the blue Kombi?
Same comments: Very happy how it turned up. (and beenworking on it (just finished installing EVO design kit) and using it all the time since)

Dropped my 1 month old t6 on the 4th at Absolut5. (booked on 26th December)
I came up with some ideas and Jason explained to me which were good/bad ideas and why
same colour scheme, wanted some blue parts instead of smoke carpet, but none of the sample were close enough to the blue I wanted.
They even fixed some issues caused by installer of reversing camera.

TBH, the finish looks so good i was concerned Jason only viewed vans as "show vans" above usefulness/practicality. This is not the case.

Only issue i could fault them: they are very busy. Price of success I guess.

Their website is also not up to date, and I only found out after: they could have fitted the reversing camera.
But i needed it in a hurry, so probably wouldn't couldn't have had an appointment in my desired time scale.
I'm sure there are way more they do not listed. (although they just won't do full conversion)

They are fairly local to me, and since they did a very good job i plan to continue using their services for further improvements (like the H7 swap and coding, door speakers upgrade, upper dash 12v linked to Ignition rather than always ON)

Hey Ian, I was their next job! you were the blue Kombi?
Same comments: Very happy how it turned up. (and beenworking on it (just finished installing EVO design kit) and using it all the time since)

Dropped my 1 month old t6 on the 4th at Absolut5. (booked on 26th December)
I came up with some ideas and Jason explained to me which were good/bad ideas and why
same colour scheme, wanted some blue parts instead of smoke carpet, but none of the sample were close enough to the blue I wanted.
They even fixed some issues caused by installer of reversing camera.

TBH, the finish looks so good i was concerned Jason only viewed vans as "show vans" above usefulness/practicality. This is not the case.

Only issue i could fault them: they are very busy. Price of success I guess.

Their website is also not up to date, and I only found out after: they could have fitted the reversing camera.
But i needed it in a hurry, so probably wouldn't couldn't have had an appointment in my desired time scale.
I'm sure there are way more they do not listed. (although they just won't do full conversion)

They are fairly local to me, and since they did a very good job i plan to continue using their services for further improvements (like the H7 swap and coding, door speakers upgrade, upper dash 12v linked to Ignition rather than always ON)

Hi @Jean-Louis Bourdon ... Yes, that was mine! :thumbsup: Wish I was a little closer, but I’d definitely use them again...

I can't praise these folks highly enough - from the email exchange, the lovely welcome when I turned up for the work to be done, the brilliant job they have done - I am soooo impressed!

I had a Kenwood satnav fitted (superb - thank you Jason for your wise advice on choice) and a reversing camera fixed up.

The camera proved tricky as the wiring had to be routed in an already converted vehicle, but Jason took the job (in spite of it being a really busy time) and has done an excellent job!

Lovely service, nothing too much trouble, Jason talked men through all the feature and functionality of the kit ... it is difficult to find words that capture the whole customer experience.

Highly recommend this team ... pleasure to have visited yesterday and to have benefitted form their considerable expertise! Thank you both!

I've used Absolut5 for advice via this forum website and the information they gave me was spot on . I then purchased a head unit interface lead from them and it worked just as they said. My insurance company failed to repair it and I just gave up with them. Thank you Absolute for the help. I will certainly use you again.

Another review of Absolut5.

Fantastic experience from start to finish having the audio upgraded in my van. Well worth the 300 Mile 5hr round trip.

The journey home definitely sounded better than the journey to them.

Great to find a trustworthy company who really know their stuff.

Can’t recommend highly enough.

Another review of Absolut5.

Fantastic experience from start to finish having the audio upgraded in my van. Well worth the 300 Mile 5hr round trip.

The journey home definitely sounded better than the journey to them.

Great to find a trustworthy company who really know their stuff.

Can’t recommend highly enough.
What was done Peter?.

What was done Peter?.

Hi @Fish

I basically had their signature audio upgrade minus the upgraded door speakers which I may do at a later date. So sub under the dual passenger seat along with an amp drive the sub and the door speakers.

I have to say the difference is astonishing. Am so glad I had it done!

Hi @Fish

I basically had their signature audio upgrade minus the upgraded door speakers which I may do at a later date. So sub under the dual passenger seat along with an amp drive the sub and the door speakers.

I have to say the difference is astonishing. Am so glad I had it done!
Excellent news.. proving quite popular.

Bit delayed as been manic. Had my van booked in for work to be done in August.

3 stage sound proofing
Anthracite carpet applied to the metalwork
Panel set with complete hidden fixings
Grey and Azure vinyl for the individual look
Mains hook up/leisure battery and sockets installed to customer requirements
Webasto diesel heater using the factory trims for the Oe look
Kenwood DNX 9190dab headunit, with parking sensor/mfd/mfsw and factory camera integration, Kenwood dash camera
Finished of with a remap using Pendle Performance software

Can’t praise these guys enough. Had to book up about 3 months in advance and they stuck to their lead and finish time with no problems with a couple of extras to deal with also

Definitely recommend them :thumbsup:

Cheers Jason

Really appreciate the review,

Glad you love the Kenwood DNX 9190dab..

Back