Van Dimensions

Hmb

Hi all
After many hours research and going around in circles(!) I am very close to buying a VW California Beach.

It would be an easier sell to my other half if I can store the van in our garage (we are short on driveway space). I know I'm okay on the length of the van but could anyone tell me what the width of the van would be with the wing mirrors folded in (presuming the mirrors do actually fold in)?

Many thanks for any help.

Many thanks for the quick replies. My garage opening is 2150mm so should just about fit.

Are folding mirrors an option on the T6 or should all models have that function?

Reactions: mmi
Electrically folding mirrors are an option.
However, I think on all models mirrors can be folded manually - yes, not very comfortable but as I don't need that every year it works for me :whistle:.

If your garage has a wooden frame and door could you remove the frame and have a roller door behind the opening?

Reactions: Hmb
but can you actually open doors to get out, hopefully you can. We have sectional fitted for this very reason....

It's all good once the van is inside as it is a double garage with two single door openings.
The other half of the garage is a junk store!

Thanks. I've got a similar photo now! I reckon I have about 30mm of clearance either side

Back