About to embark on my Airride Build

Butcher8109

T6 Pro
Hi all,

I’ve finally but the bullet and purchased an Airride set up.
hopefully delivered and installed via an experienced local professional before Christmas.

at the moment I’m stumped on where to mount the tank / compressors ...

Eventually I want to use the van as a day van with an OVANO / infinity type fold over bed.
I quite like the idea of having something showy in the van eventually, or just to hide it all underneath.

also with the controller ... thinking of going for an RTA mount and building it into the right vent position.
anyone got any experience of this? Can’t isolate that vent so will the controller end up getting cooked?

sorry for all the questions. Any pics of peoples builds etc would be awesome!

cheers all

Ed

Last edited by a moderator:
Have it all underslung. I’ve added pictures of the tank position.

regarding the position of the controller.. I run 3P so I didn’t have it built into the air vent as that’s where my phone sits on a magnet thingy. I mainly use the app on my phone so I do t need the controller there. I have got a magnet on the controller as well so I can mount it there also. I’ve seen them in the door cards also.

2471C09D-5ACF-40EE-A420-DE680BC4BC17.jpeg

7C84914F-AD85-453F-A35B-5C5719BAFF71.jpeg

Rta vents are cracking bits of kit, i grafted mine into the passenger side vent 893E808E-03AC-44C1-BA20-E3562C960BAC.jpeg
He has videos of how he does it just follow it as a guide

B3326159-5220-49A2-BF11-885CFB7999F1.jpeg
As for install mine is all under the van, one thing is it is noisy and not refined which I’m looking to improve. so look into the new Transpor hq quiet compressors, and also make sure you have a muffler fitted to the manifold on the release port to limit the noise down when airing out

Rta vents are cracking bits of kit, i grafted mine into the passenger side vent View attachment 92812

View attachment 92813
As for install mine is all under the van, one thing is it is noisy and not refined which I’m looking to improve. so look into the new Transpor hq quiet compressors, and also make sure you have a muffler fitted to the manifold on the release port to limit the noise down when airing out
Considering a lot of these vans have no buttons to the right of the climate controls, then this could be a good place to mount it without losing a vent. You’d probably be able to control it lazily from having your hand on the DSG stick, too.

D0180D65-C00D-477B-BEC9-8F9079A1EEA8.jpeg

Considering a lot of these vans have no buttons to the right of the climate controls, then this could be a good place to mount it without losing a vent. You’d probably be able to control it lazily from having your hand on the DSG stick, too.

View attachment 92814
I like the side you have chosen!! I might put it that side as I rarely have the blowers blowing in my face. Was it hard to do?? Ahhh man another project to add to the list @Andy_dea

@Andy_dea

regarding the position of the controller.. I run 3P so I didn’t have it built into the air vent as that’s where my phone sits on a magnet thingy. I mainly use the app on my phone so I do t need the controller there. I have got a magnet on the controller as well so I can mount it there also. I’ve seen them in the door cards also.

View attachment 92809

View attachment 92810
My tank is underneath too as are the compressors although I will be swapping these out for the quieter ones from THQ soon.

I have also put the underfloor sheilding back in place. Nice and safe.

Top man just seen that. Boat load of aggro that looks. I’ve messaged them to ask if I send it to them will they make it for me. How did yours go?

View attachment 92809

View attachment 92810
Thanks for that mate! I was tempted to make a bit of a feature out of it in the back ... easier for maintenance maybe? ... do like the idea of it being all out the way tho I must admit

Rta vents are cracking bits of kit, i grafted mine into the passenger side vent View attachment 92812

View attachment 92813
Thanks mate, you’ve made a really smart job of that! I saw the video on their website and was very tempted to give it a go.
did you do anything with the vent behind? I’ve heard some people saying it was getting red hot and cooking the controller?

I’ve gone for the THQ quieter compressors with the kit from Lowdown and 3P

Top man just seen that. Boat load of aggro that looks. I’ve messaged them to ask if I send it to them will they make it for me. How did yours go?
I had a mate ask for his T5 and they quoted him £350! Deffo work a crack yourself dude

Hi guys. Can I ask where you have installed the compressor, tank and airlift unit on the transporters? I looked at shock absorbers with bags from Bilstein, do you know what diameter bag they use? 170mm? will they fit in the back if it's a 4motion? Thanks38B42B65-2408-48D0-8B6D-2CA1EF1AA20E.jpeg

Back