Aaaaagh! Stonechip

Lawce

Construction Site Manager
T6 Pro
image.jpg image.jpg :(blasted gritter went past me on the way home from cornwall last week and kindly splattered my van, sure he sped up on purpose to see the look of dread on my face, Mr chips away how much to make my chip go away?

Full invisible repair would be a full bonnet respray....ie full the chip, prime the sanded area, blend the colour 12" or more around the chip across the bonnet and the clearcoat the whole bonnet.

Imo just 2000grit the chip, fill with a stone chip putty, the red paint on a screwdriver tip, then lacquer, then flat and polish.

Easy DIY repair on Cherry Red. Get a local body shop to mix up a spray can. (I've done a few on mine - Cherry Red not available yet as spray from VW when I enquired) Spray some in a small pot, carefully fill in the chip - use a cocktail stick etc. Layer it if needed and allow to dry for a week. Flat down carefully and slowly with 3000 grit wet and dry, then polish up with Meguiars Ultimate Compound. You'll struggle to find it. Trust me :thumbsup:

Chipex is still very much around and trading; my wife is his book-keeper. Let me know if you can't find his web page.

I just did exactly the same, i entered my reg and it said we have found your vehicle but not your colour code and the manual list has nothing that matches any of the new colours
Could do with one for mine to touch up a tiny mark on wing

Give them a call - they're very helpful.
I reckon they'd do a group discount too - I'd be up for some for mine if anything came up.

Was considering contacting them tomorrow on behalf of the forum to discuss the complete colour range for new T6s
Could ask some questions and see what they say ?

I'll get the wife to speak to him this week and see if there is anything he can do along the price line. If those who want one once I have a price give me their codes, I can probably order them altogether.

Thanks for all your replys gents,this forum is the best and most helpful I've been on, now where did I put those tooth picks? HHO I'm guessing you've already done this?

@DaveyB I'm up for an indium grey one, not got her yet, but a sensible precaution, as done sooner rather than later stops any potential rust. A tip is to use clear lacquer in the meantime if you haven't got the colour:thumbsup:

@Pauly, can you send me a list of T6 paint codes? I can then get Johnny to talk to his supplier/ update them onto his website. Let me do some digging with him and see if I can't get him to set up a special price/ discount code etc to use on the website, or if he'll allow me to order a job lot at the special price he normally sells them to me at - have had a few from him for various motors over the past few years.

I've also got a couple of bottles of his brand new screen wash item that he gave me to try. Not got round to draining the washer bottle and adding it in yet. Will do so and let you all know if its any good.

Thanks for all your replys gents,this forum is the best and most helpful I've been on, now where did I put those tooth picks? HHO I'm guessing you've already done this?
Yes, I've done 4 on mine. You get very good results on Cherry Red. Use proper paint. Only the base colour needed for chips. Take your time and you'll get a very good end result.

solid colours like red touch up very well, light Metallics like silvers tend to look darker. Whites look yellower.

Very much colour dependent but for a diy the chipex system is good.

Back