A4 S-Line Seat upgrade

Darren Moss

Hi I am trying to fit Audi A4 SLine seats into T6 any ideas as seat rails are 80mm wider than VW ,s very much appreciated

Hi did you manage to fit and if so does the new seat restrict getting to the hand brake?

Does the DVLA allow this? I'd be very suprised as you'd need to fit an adapter plate or other part to allow the fitting.. and this would need to be certified to pass the MOT and safety inspection.

Cant you just take your T6 seats and have them fancified to be more like an A4?

I have never had an issue with an mot or an insurer and have always declared my changes of seat.

As per the kit car industry, once the vehicle is registered, both DVLA and insurers cannot police any changes. In the event of an incident and the mod’s are deemed to be a contributing factor, then you’re potentially fooooked.
It’s all on your shoulders. Potential to nullify your insurance and involve a police investigation. Worse case where there’s LoL, then .........

I have an Eagke RV kitcar too so very aware of all this and changing seats dors not concern me at all. To be safe just declare to your insurance company.

I fitted mine sucessfully, passed mot and my insurer's are absolutely fine, just go ott on the quality of bolt grades, sizes, metal.

My seats had to be raised as the audi seats sit a good 40mm lower that the original t6 seats so this gives the option to utilise 40x40 box but go for the thick sidewall stuff. 3.6mm+

The drivers side needs to be offset to the right to preserve the steering wheel alignment but the left side aligns to the original seat box perfectly but you need to account for the offset and how to fix that safely.

The passenger side was far simpler as you dont need to align with the center of the steering wheel.

If memory serves, VW T6 bolts the seats to the seatbox with just 4 m6 8.8 screws, i changed those for m10s grade 9. something so far in excess of the tested solution.

Back