**a Warning To You All**

I hope you feed back the full police findings to the DP. Hopefully the mechanic has had a severe reprimand and reflects on his actions and changes his future behaviour.

Call from dealer yesterday, Van will be ready to collect Thursday 8am. Turns up 9am, "sorry we've not put it back together yet, would you like to wait?".... "erm no!.. like you i have work to do"

It's now supposed to be ready to collect this evening, the "fix" they have put it down to was a loose fuse box terminal.. who knows

Wow just joined and been reading this thread as I’m not far from this dealer, what was the outcome @Kev23?

@VDub268 I’ve never heard anything good about this dealer. My own personal experience backs this up. Just had my van in to Dundee for a software update and they were really good, in comparison. Well worth the extra miles and inconvenience.

My advice would be use the proper VW roadside assist for any minor issues, if you still have warranty. Our local tech is Jason form Peterhead, he’s absolutely spot on.

If you are out of warranty find a good local garage for any servicing / diagnostic. I can recommend First Drive in Stonehaven, Paul is the most honest mechanic / garage owner I have ever met.
Failing that if you aren’t in a rush give me a call, I’m Inverbervie based.

update so far...

Received van back last Friday evening, dealer has assured me that after 280 miles of road test there had been no re-occurrence. I've only driven the van for around 80 miles so far and as i'm working away i'll not see it for a week or so.

As for their actions on the clown, I've been advised there is internal investigation being under taken and DP will advise me of outcome, off the record, whether he does or not remains to be seen. Mean while.. they serviced the van as it was due, fully valeted it, filled with diesel and are giving me next 3 services free, and that was me not asking for anything as that was never the reason for the complaint.

I'll update further if there is anything else happening.

So as well as letting their staff hack around in customers vehicles they are going to provide confidential information about the employees disciplinary action?

They sound like a very classy dealership, I wouldn't let them put air in my tyres quite frankly.

Had my Kombi into the local VW dealer for EML light issue, i just received back today after around 10 days (2nd time) for some reason i decided to remove my SD card from my dashcam for a look, to my absolute horror i found my van was used for "the morning roll run" and worse of all it was captured going home for the weekend with some toolpiece who finds it acceptable to drive up the dual carriageway in excess of 90mph while talking on the phone, not even hands free( i know this as he makes a point of telling his caller he's in a strange vehicle and his hands free is not connected), Then follows up with, "wish people would get out of my way, this thing is a flying machine". then onto single carriageway in excess of 70mph (still on phone) overtakes a van at a bend, while stating to his caller "F***ing idiot van driver holding him up! He then goes to pick his mate up and do some business, while taking the van up forest roads etc to get there! luckily his mate was kind enough to say his name for the video, and the cockwomble even drove to his home address so i have that too..... The question is what to do with this information i have.. certainly won't be letting it go.. And the worse part... the bloody EML light came back on again after 13 miles...:mad::mad:

I always take a photo of the milage if I leave my van keys with anybody else and compare when I get back.

I always take a photo of the milage if I leave my van keys with anybody else and compare when I get back.
That’s disgraceful, honestly I’d probably go in ask to see the manager and pull out a laptop and ask if he’s got time to watch some footage..... then I’d ask how he’s going to rectify the still present EML and compensate the abuse of trust.....? And if that doesn’t work then say it’s time to pass this to a CEO at VW.... I’d say free servicing and parts for life with this info....

good luck though as that’s an absolute piss take....

Back