**a Warning To You All**

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by Kev23, 10 Oct 2019.

1. Paynewright

Paynewright Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

I hope you feed back the full police findings to the DP. Hopefully the mechanic has had a severe reprimand and reflects on his actions and changes his future behaviour.

2. Dannyb6467

Dannyb6467 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Bloody hell....what a thread.
    I'm never going back to the "Wheels and Tyres" section ever again....

Rjhg98, LakesT6, Ads_Essex and 2 others like this.
  3. Ads_Essex

Ads_Essex Local lowlife VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    There’s a stated case that’s just hit the press which puts the whole ‘handheld device’ issue in to complete disarray..!

4. Dieseldonkey

Dieseldonkey 150 DSG Shuttle Conversion VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Got a link @Ads_Essex ?

5. Kev23

Kev23 Member T6 Pro

Map
    Call from dealer yesterday, Van will be ready to collect Thursday 8am. Turns up 9am, "sorry we've not put it back together yet, would you like to wait?".... "erm no!.. like you i have work to do"

It's now supposed to be ready to collect this evening, the "fix" they have put it down to was a loose fuse box terminal.. who knows

6. VDub268

VDub268 Guest

Wow just joined and been reading this thread as I’m not far from this dealer, what was the outcome @Kev23?

7. superchargedpolo

superchargedpolo Senior Member T6 Pro

Map
    @VDub268 I’ve never heard anything good about this dealer. My own personal experience backs this up. Just had my van in to Dundee for a software update and they were really good, in comparison. Well worth the extra miles and inconvenience.

My advice would be use the proper VW roadside assist for any minor issues, if you still have warranty. Our local tech is Jason form Peterhead, he’s absolutely spot on.

If you are out of warranty find a good local garage for any servicing / diagnostic. I can recommend First Drive in Stonehaven, Paul is the most honest mechanic / garage owner I have ever met.
    Failing that if you aren’t in a rush give me a call, I’m Inverbervie based.

8. Kev23

Kev23 Member T6 Pro

Map
    update so far...

Received van back last Friday evening, dealer has assured me that after 280 miles of road test there had been no re-occurrence. I've only driven the van for around 80 miles so far and as i'm working away i'll not see it for a week or so.

As for their actions on the clown, I've been advised there is internal investigation being under taken and DP will advise me of outcome, off the record, whether he does or not remains to be seen. Mean while.. they serviced the van as it was due, fully valeted it, filled with diesel and are giving me next 3 services free, and that was me not asking for anything as that was never the reason for the complaint.

I'll update further if there is anything else happening.

Ghost likes this.
  9. Insert Coin

Insert Coin Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    So as well as letting their staff hack around in customers vehicles they are going to provide confidential information about the employees disciplinary action?

They sound like a very classy dealership, I wouldn't let them put air in my tyres quite frankly.

Cherokee and Ghost like this.
  10. Davejo

Davejo Senior Member T6 Pro

Map
    280 miles road test??

11. t0mb0

t0mb0 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Oh man, that’s about five hours of dashcam footage to sift through...!

Ghost, Ian28 and Kev23 like this.
  12. Kev23

Kev23 Member T6 Pro

Map
    over the 2 weeks they had it

13. Skyliner33

Skyliner33 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Thats still 20 miles a day every day.

14. Kev23

Kev23 Member T6 Pro

Map
    I can live with that as long as it’s fixed... time will tell on that

Skyliner33 likes this.
  15. oldiebut goodie

oldiebut goodie Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Troll posting? Joined today, first and only post!

Davenjo and troll hunter like this.
  16. Insert Coin

Insert Coin Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    It’s not me, honest :laugh:

Davenjo and St4n99 like this.
  17. Scruffy

Scruffy Senior Member T6 Guru

Who has been lying?

18. Dannyb6467

Dannyb6467 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Any update on this ?

19. DXX

DXX Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

I always take a photo of the milage if I leave my van keys with anybody else and compare when I get back.

20. Bentley T6

Bentley T6 Member

That’s disgraceful, honestly I’d probably go in ask to see the manager and pull out a laptop and ask if he’s got time to watch some footage..... then I’d ask how he’s going to rectify the still present EML and compensate the abuse of trust.....? And if that doesn’t work then say it’s time to pass this to a CEO at VW.... I’d say free servicing and parts for life with this info....

good luck though as that’s an absolute piss take....

Davejo likes this.