**a Warning To You All**

Sorry to hijack the thread, however at present the police are asking for any dashcam footage relating to any road related traffic offence so offenders can be charged with the offence committed, no one will want to take there chance at court especially when it’s on video as the magistrates don’t take kindly to this.

I've seen the speed kills argument being both defended and opposed, I'm in the bad driving kills camp I'm afraid no matter how hard people try and convince me otherwise.

Think there is slightly more to this than just speeding, did the driver not admit to using his phone whilst driving as well.

Cant see how theft of tools, which are replaceable, can be compared with the potential to maim or kill others due to irresponsible actions. Far as I m concerned dash cams should be seen as an additional asset to the police.

**Update** Cops called and want the rest of the footage from the whole 2 days, they also want the van to laser test the speed it shows in comparison to the speedo and gps and cross reference with their laser. They obviously have a plan in mind. Just to call them when i get the van back from vw.

Can you see from your dash cam footage, if the test pilot happened to drive past any establishments likely to have external CCTV. Petrol stations, pubs, supermarkets etc?

Wow that is surreal, you would think they'd know better. On the flipside if there not willing to make it right, you have solid proof of how unprofessional they are..

I would destroy them on Twitter, I purchased a brand new Nissan Juke for my wife and within 9 months it ran out of oil, to cut a long story short I found out who the ceo of Nissan uk was and started putting his name on my correspondence, 3 days later I got a call from the MD of Nissan uk asking me to stop it and they will deal with any issues I had, I told them no I won’t as the car is under warranty. The following day my car was being sorted. Bad PR on Twitter is a massive thing for any big company.

I would destroy them on Twitter, I purchased a brand new Nissan Juke for my wife and within 9 months it ran out of oil, to cut a long story short I found out who the ceo of Nissan uk was and started putting his name on my correspondence, 3 days later I got a call from the MD of Nissan uk asking me to stop it and they will deal with any issues I had, I told them no I won’t as the car is under warranty. The following day my car was being sorted. Bad PR on Twitter is a massive thing for any big company.

Now that does make my blood boil - unless I'm missing something, you and your wife failed to check the oil (engine?) level during the running in period of brand new vehicle and because of your neglect, you've chosen to kick up a stink on social media to force the manufacturer to do something that was beyond their control. I hope I'm wrong on this and you've missed some details out.

To the original topic......when my father was in the motor trade working for a main dealer as the Service Manager, there were times when we would have a customer's car whilst trying to pinpoint an intermittent fault. I can still remember being in a customer's Fiat 127 and the fault presented itself coming back from a swimming gala on a wet Sunday night. Rather than going home, he drove straight to the dealership, opened up the workshop, connected up to this massive diagnostic cabinet (this was around the late 70s so well before these canbus fault readers/diagnostic units) and proceeded to fix the car. This in no way defends a pudding-head ragging your T6. I'll be really interested to the final outcome on this.

Now that does make my blood boil - unless I'm missing something, you and your wife failed to check the oil (engine?) level during the running in period of brand new vehicle and because of your neglect, you've chosen to kick up a stink on social media to force the manufacturer to do something that was beyond their control. I hope I'm wrong on this and you've missed some details out.

My feelings exactly.

In response to your reply mooncat, no neglect from our part just bad poor quality parts fitted to a substandard engine.
Nissan has a massive fault with piston rings on most of there cars and even the a class merc, Nissan new about this issue but chose to ignore the fault as the cost to recall most of there series of cars would be astronomical.
We had covered 500 miles in our car and we started to hear a banging noise, contacted the dealer and spoke to the service manager who stated it was a heat shield as it’s a common fault.
I decided to google the fault and found the most horrific reviews about the engines, checked the oil and bone dry. ( 500 miles really.)
After an argument with them they said bring it back, all they did was fill it back up, after 5 seperate visits with the same fault and just topping up as we had been advised enough was enough. There response was just run the car out of oil until the engine goes into catastrophic failure as that’s the only way the warranty will replace the engine, so putting my wife and kids in danger.
Eventually after a lot of pressure they decided to change the top end as a good Will gesture after using a camera and seeing damage to the engine,and reduce the oil pressure in the engine to slow the oil lose down.

Wow what a thread with strong feelings. I totally get all points of view but feel the focus of the issues here are misplaced. All incidents no matter how serious in nature should be reported and logged. If not how can the police identify criminal trends, geographical areas of high crime, road areas requiring more policing, etc. Etc. It is then the responsibility of the local police to determine what priorities and resources are given to each case. If all incidents are not logged then the police will have difficulty justifying there numbers, and we are sadly lacking in numbers at the moment. For me it's log any offence and let the police decide and do their job as best they can.

please close this thread now... apart from kev23 so we all know the outcome.... as Davejo said... Enough!!!!!

Unless I missed it, it's the dealer's response I'm more interested in.

I could stand next to virtually any road in the UK and in a short time see drivers speeding and using hand-held devices; it's great that in this case the police have been given evidence that enables them to present at court for prosecution. The dealer however is not without blame and that is the organisation you handed your vehicle over to.

I guess both avenues of action are at a sensitive stage so prudent to keep out of the public domain!

In response to your reply mooncat, no neglect from our part just bad poor quality parts fitted to a substandard engine.

I'd hoped there was more to it than you had written. It's very strange advice to run something to destruction though.

This may not be related if there is a manufacturing issue with the piston rings but modern engines do still need running in properly to get the piston rings to seat correctly. Heat cycles and getting some load into the engine to force those rings onto the cylinder wall is still required otherwise these low viscosity oils that the manufacturers are forced to run to achieve emissions get into the combustion chamber and is burnt off.

Still hoping to convince you.....as I am sure the entire forum is...

Slightly off topic and out of context, obviously doing 40+ in a 30mph will increase the chances of death for a pedestrian.

Doing 90mph in the appropriate conditions isn't a big deal, we don't know where the sponge jockey was driving or what the conditions were like at the time.

Ashamed to admit I touched 90mph quite a few times on the motorway over the weekend, nobody died, except for a few bug splats and my fuel economy.

It not how good a driver you think you are, or how well you perceive the road conditions. If something happens, your stopping distance at 70 is about 1 football pitch.... At 90 it almost 3 football pitches so it really is a big deal. Nothing to do with the road or driver, it’s just physics. It means a greater certainty of death or injury ( not just for a pedestrian, but for other drivers and yourself) because of greater collision speeds; speed kills! Such a casual attitude to speeding is hard to understand when the government and all road safety agencies have been saying it for the last 70 years.

I won’t post another video, just hope that you reflect on the potential consequences.

No one knows they are gonna crash that crashes!!!!
Animal could run out or a tyre blow out could happen.
Drive safely folks!
Only time I’ve pretended that i have crashed is the bloody insurance companies ringing me saying we have heard you had a crash that wasnt your fault.
I simply reply, no i meant to go into them and then they put the phone immediately down!

I simply reply, no i meant to go into them and then they put the phone immediately down!
I normally say “which accident and which car I had loads last week” pause and let them get a bit excited “cos I race stock cars for a living” then hang up...

**Update**
Call back from police today, they have concluded their investigation with their main concern being no insurance for the time the van was used outwith work hours, turns out the dealer has a policy above and beyond of anything they've seen before, so no breach there. On the excess speed/mobile phone use, they advised that although the footage clearly shows and hears the breach, due to legal requirements they cannot pursue this avenue either, they advised had the camera been facing inward then it would have been "video gold", so there's no further police involvement, accepted and move on.

The van has been into the dealers for the last 2 weeks, due to collect back tomorrow evening after being advised the fault has been fixed, meeting with dealer principal upon collection, see what they're saying next.

Back