A Plan

Hi
I have taken several insurance policies with A Plane and they have been very good and competitive, always answer the phone quickly to me
Three weeks ago I purchased one for my T6'1 and am very pleased with the price but since I've had a query over the policy they don't call me back even after several calls, the other problem is finding an email address that is just not returned.
Haven't given any feedback yet

Hi
I have taken several insurance policies with A Plane and they have been very good and competitive, always answer the phone quickly to me
Three weeks ago I purchased one for my T6'1 and am very pleased with the price but since I've had a query over the policy they don't call me back even after several calls, the other problem is finding an email address that is just not returned.
Haven't given any feedback yet
try this e mail address. Its the guy that deal in campers adam.symes@aplan.co.uk

Just insured my vw t6 conversion. Went between a plan and brentacre. Both very helpful, knowledgeable etc. brentacre were £35 cheaper at £385 so wwnt with them

Just renewed my policy…..unfortunately my post code is a higher risk…..don’t you just hate risk assessors……I used to think insurances where based on individual risks :eek:.
but by explaining that a carport with Six foot gates ….and explaining that a Close is a No through road…managed to knock off £75 from last years :mexican wave:

I had to send pictures to prove to the broker….but be fare Aplan really help

they don’t believe the extent owners go to protect our vans….

ps …always haggle…it’s your money :)

Renewed my policy with A Plan today, no increase in premium, £360 fully comp all mods declared.

I just tried A-plan and despite having 9 years no claims they wouldn't give me a quote as I don't have a drive to park the van on at home? Been with NFU years, but all mods need certificates of install.

Brentacre were very helpful and gave me a great quote so probably going with them.

Reactions: CAB
Insured mine this week with A plan. Very helpful, all mods were ok (the guy said performance mods sometimes cause an issue and mine are all cosmetic) and insured to full value for just over half the price of my outgoing Transit. Only stipulation is tracker required.

Quite pleased with that.

Any other recommendations?
Earlier today A Plan quoted me £910 and I have to have a Thatcham approved S5 Tracker fitted for the Sportline. I'm 57 with clean licence, have 5 other vehicles and only paying £430 for my 911.

Last edited:
Any other recommendations?
Earlier today A Plan quoted me £910 and I have to have a Thatcham approved Tracker fitted for the Sportline. I'm 57 with clean licence, have 5 other vehicles and only paying £430 for my 911.
I'm currently with Adrian Flux, but renewal due soon too.

I always say trying to understand vehicle insurance is a pointless activity. Spent 1 ½ h on the phone this afternoon with two brokers. They seem so disappointed when you decline their “amazing” quote. Both were polite and friendly.

I always say trying to understand vehicle insurance is a pointless activity. Spent 1 ½ h on the phone this afternoon with two brokers. They seem so disappointed when you decline their “amazing” quote. Both were polite and friendly.
I understand the sentiment, but there is a point to trying to understanding vehicle insurance (2 points actually) - to ensure you have the cover you need and to pay the minimum to achieve that cover.

I understand the sentiment, but there is a point to trying to understanding vehicle insurance (2 points actually) - to ensure you have the cover you need and to pay the minimum to achieve that cover.
I agree, but when they ask you when your house insurance is due……how many cars in the household….???

I agree, but when they ask you when your house insurance is due……how many cars in the household….???
Agree that the home insurance question is just BS - they simply want to mailshot you and that info has no bearing on the quotation. Just tell them you aren't prepared to provide that info and they'll just move on.

How many cars in household, however, is a legitimate question and is used as a means of determining exposure to risk (i.e. how often/likely is the insured vehicle likely to be on the road). If there's only 1 vehicle in a household, then it stands to reason that that vehicle is likely to be used for every household trip, whereas if there's multiple vehicles in the household (especially if there's more vehicles than drivers) then the likelihood is lower. If you refuse to provide this info they will just assume the worst case scenario and provide a quotation on that basis.

I've just renewed my insurance through Chris at A Plan on my 2016 Kombi Highline camper valued at £46000.00 for insurance purposes. The renewal quote was £557 (including motor legal and excess protect), £30 cheaper than last year when I took the cover out. A quick chat with Chris and my cover is this year down a further £40 to £517.00. Chris was really helpful and A Plan has been great over the year as I have done various bits to the van and called to advise them of the changes. :thumbsup:

Back