A-Plan Agreed Value - Am I over thinking this?

Jonnyst90

VIP Member
I pick up my new to me T6.1 Kombi tomorrow. I have just purchased an insurance policy from A-Plan and I asked for an agreed value. I sent pictures and a copy of the purchase invoice and they agreed the value I asked.

I received a copy of my policy documents today and there is no mention of agreed value anywhere. Rang up A-Plan and they said that's strange and they assured me there is an agreed value again my van for the stated amount.

To put my mind at ease, the operator said he could send and email and stated the following:

"Good afternoon,

Thank you for your time on the phone today.

I can confirm for the vehicle registration XXXX XXX that there is an agreed value of £XX,000 from your insurer, KGM."

Would you take this as proof or would you be worried that its not actually worded on the policy?

Thanks in advance!
20230227_142714.jpg

I'd deffo want a document that explicitly states "Agreed Value" and confirms what that value is. This should be stated in either the Schedule of Insurance or the Policy Wording.

It's got the value on it but shouldn't it have "Agreed value" or have "AV" mentioned in the Operative Endorsements?
Screenshot_20230309_001753_Drive.jpgScreenshot_20230309_002119_Drive.jpg

I think you might find that the quoted value only means that this is the amount up to which they would pay but it does not appear to be an agreed value, so you would likely get offered a lower amount then have to argue up to this maximum amount. I had this discussion with Brentacre, they wouldn't give me an agreed value but I increased the value and my premium went up. I'm going down the agreed value route at renewal. I would query with A Plan, if they email you confirming it is an AV as per the definition this would help with any dispute

I asked for agreed value, sent the pictures and purchase invoice that they requested and the agent assured me that it has an agreed value. I just think they will do anything to get out of coughing up the money and if its not worded, they will deny it had the agreed value in the first place.

Yes it should.
Let me expand on that response. If there is a specific Agreed Value endorsement and that endorsement is not listed under Operative Endorsements, then that endorsement definitely does not apply, regardless of the piece of paper supplied by the broker.

I have been on the phone to them several time today as when I first received the documents, they were wrong, changed details and received new documents, wrong again and it goes on and on and on.

I'm going to have to call them up again tomorrow prior to collecting the van and insist that this is put onto the policy wording!

Reactions: Bav
Another thing I wasn't too sure about was the licence start dates on the policy. They only asked for the year me and my wife passed our driving test and they listed that as random dates of the same year. When I raised this with the agent, he just brushed it off and said it didn't matter.

We have both been driving for 13 and 15 years but could they void insurance for that if the worst were to happen?

Not best please with the experience with A-Plan so far!

I wouldn't worry about that - a specific date is only relevant for inexperienced drivers (licence held < 2 years).

I have just renewed my insurance with A-plan/KGM. I asked about an agreed value & was told that they don’t normally do agreed value policies for modern/recent vehicles as they are easier to value. Agreed values are for older/vintage/special vehicles.

My previous agreed value was £40k, at renewal time I asked specifically about increasing the value based on prices on Autotrader and it cost me another £30 for £10k extra and no charge at all for the Revo map.

I’ve also got all of this confirmed in an email, I think they’d struggle to wriggle out of it on that basis.

I have just renewed my insurance with A-plan/KGM. I asked about an agreed value & was told that they don’t normally do agreed value policies for modern/recent vehicles as they are easier to value. Agreed values are for older/vintage/special vehicles.

Yeah they told me they don't usually do it but it is possible. So for peace of mind, I told them that's what I wanted.

A-Plan/KGB will hopefully start acting on all my emailed photos and copy invoices from tomorrow when they receive them in their E-Box. I will keep you informed of notable developments as soon as they transpire...

So far so good, message from Felice this morning...

RE: Fourth batch of photos for Agreed Value Policy Number P blah blah

Good Morning,

Thank you for sending this over – please be advised we have now sent this over to the insurer to look into for you.

As soon as we have an update we will be In touch.

Kind Regards,
Felice Burdett

Admin Schemes
A-Plan Insurance

I'm always pleased when folks go down the AV route. :waving:

In terms of insurance, there's nothing worse than hearing about a double-whammy where someone has their pride and joy written-off and then gets short-changed by their insurer.

Spread the word everyone!

Back