A Pillar Grab Handles

Puk

G'day,
Just took delivery of a new TDI340 Crewvan and find I need to fit (if possible) Grab Handles to both A Pillars.
Any guidance as to where I can purchase, trim removal hints etc would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, Steve

Use a trim tool to remove the existing Apiller plastics from the top edge down..

You will need new A pillar plastics and new handles with bolts..

Part numbers and exploded diagrams to follow.....

If you look in the ‘what have you done to your van today’ just done one side today. I think I got the handles from chillijam vans.

the trims have cut out markings on the inside - drilled / dremmelled mine. 1 side done in less than an hour.

Ian

G'day,
Just took delivery of a new TDI340 Crewvan and find I need to fit (if possible) Grab Handles to both A Pillars.
Any guidance as to where I can purchase, trim removal hints etc would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, Steve
Don’t make any mods! I don’t want A pillar grab handles but I have them! PM me and we’ll sort a swap! I would happily let you have mine including grab handles if you send me yours without.

Ah, yeah, that may be a problem! Although a good (well maybe not good, but never mind) excuse to get over there again!

I've got A pillars without grab handle holes sitting in my garage if you want to make me an offer

here are the part numbers from the bits I was supplied. Right side = drivers side in UK

Left bracket - 7H0 858 149A
Right bracket - 7H0 858 150A
Left handle - 7E0 858 637 (Y20 - I think this is the colour, light grey in my case)
Right Handle - 7E0 858 638 (Y20)
Handle cap X2 - 7E0 857 627A (Y20)
Bracket bolt X6 - WHT 005 227 (M6 x 20mm)
Handle bolt X4 - Don't have this?? (M6 x 35mm)

Regards
Ian

Also needed for short people in stilletoes, to stop them face planting the pavement on exiting the vehicle, especially after a few glasses of Prosecco! (I’m 6’2” in flatties)

Ian

For anyone interested, I just bought a pair of these grab handles.

Original VW T5 T6 Bus Multivan grab handle right pillar A handle fear handle pearl gray

Original VW T5 T6 Bus Multivan grab handle left pillar A handle fear handle pearl gray
Great price and delivered within the week.

Similar to the parts numbers posted above, but some differences.
If anyone needs the parts numbers, let me know.

Back