A few noobie questions..

Shadow1

DevonCream
Hi all.
So been lurking on here for a while now.
Finally fouls a van.
So a few questions if you could be so kind to answer.
So my first ever van
Found a 16 plate 102 mapped to 168 bho
Cheatnut brown
But no adblue so guess a t5
26k with full history lowered big wheels ect
Lovely van.
questions are
Is the t5 any good
Is the revo map any good
Should I be looking for a T6.
It really is everything I am liking for but have no idea. So your thoughts are more than welcome
Rwgards
Ron

The Revo map is perfect for that engine. It’s a very strong de-tuned 140ps. The torque is limited to protect the five speed box.
That will be an early T6 with that engine. NOT a T5

Hi
I also have a 16 plate t6 euro 5 , but mine is a 140 6 speed , no adblue to worry about and I have never noticed it doing a regen.
Wonderfull vehicle to own.

Nice van, love the colour and the wheels suit it. I see it's a manual yet has a DSG paddle steering wheel fitted? Have the paddles been "hacked" for use with another function such as cruise control?

Thanks guys.
The paddles don’t do anything just there as a manual. But still looks cool. The radio buttons work but cc still works on stalk.

but looks cool lol.
As for the colour is it rare because it’s horrible and no one wanted a brown van lol.
Previous owner bought it 2.5yrs ago paid 27k for it spent 9k on it. Then I buy it for a lot less. It’s a peach. Got folding mirrors dpf and egr delete. 167!bhp 28k fully insulated and coil overs. Stainless back box too.
Tracker and alarm too.

Thanks guys.
The paddles don’t do anything just there as a manual. But still looks cool. The radio buttons work but cc still works on stalk.

but looks cool lol.
As for the colour is it rare because it’s horrible and no one wanted a brown van lol.
Previous owner bought it 2.5yrs ago paid 27k for it spent 9k on it. Then I buy it for a lot less. It’s a peach. Got folding mirrors dpf and egr delete. 167!bhp 28k fully insulated and coil overs. Stainless back box too.
Tracker and alarm too.
The EGR and dpf delete would worry me when the MOT is due!
I don't dislike the colour, but I think the colour coded wheels are just a bit too much.

I've got the same base van (Blackberry) and have had a REVO map to 140ps, which is a big improvement. Still on standard 16" wheels here though. I'd keep an eye on strange noises/behaviour if you're regularly using the full 168 through bigger wheels too. I've tried to find out about other differences between the 102 and 140, in terms of turbo etc. I know the 102 is a detuned 140, but does that mean the turbo etc is the same @BognorMotors ? My understanding is that the turbo etc is the same and the 180 models were bi turbo?? I'm starting to imagine my clutch and flywheel etc imploding o_O:D

So the dpf is still on the van just been honed out so you would never know.
The van sounds amazing with the milltex exhaust.
It’s a sweet van that does all.
I may raise it a bit as I think a bit too low for me.
but I find myself just looking at it all day.
Things I want to do
Bumper protector
Bonnet bra
Leisure battery is this hard.
Thanks

So the dpf is still on the van just been honed out so you would never know.
The van sounds amazing with the milltex exhaust.
It’s a sweet van that does all.
I may raise it a bit as I think a bit too low for me.
but I find myself just looking at it all day.
Things I want to do
Bumper protector
Bonnet bra
Leisure battery is this hard.
Thanks
Have you bought it?

Lovely looking van! Think a different set of wheels would make it even nicer tho! I don’t dislike them but think they could be improved.

Back