So a quick review of my T6 with the Koni Coilovers fitted and set up by CRS Performance.

I drove up from Kent in the Shuttle on the standard 17” steelies and arrived about 9am, Steve made me a tea and we had a chat about what I wanted to achieve. After me saying I was prepared to suffer ride over looks we went out in his demo van for a lap and purposely drove over ruts and pot holes.
I was amazed as I was expecting it to be a tooth smashing spine basher as his was running at 85mm drop. If I could get a ride anywhere near that I’d be chuffed. I mentioned that the van would be getting a Slidepod and they’d weighed it at 100kg so that was taken into consideration. Steve they measured the van as it stood with rake angle

They steamed into my van and within no time the coil overs were fitted, the van was dropped onto the ground and after all the measurements It was sitting at 75mm lower spot on. Steve said I had another 5mm to drop so I said do it so they redid it 5mm lower for me. We went out for a test drive and hit the ruts, speed bumps and pot holes to see how it would ride. It was amazing, drove superb even softer than the demo (17” vs 20” wheels).
Well happy I paid the £1395 including fitting and set off home Instantly the van felt different, attitude and road holding were day and night. Somehow it felt faster and more nimble. My boy said it felt like we were driving in widescreen. On the motorway the van was noticeably quieter and more sure footed even in cross winds. The worst roads on that 180 mile trip were where I live and it handled them easily.

A few days later the 20” wheels turned up, these had a dramatic on the van, less sidewall has made it a harder ride definitely, but it still drives like it’s not been lowered drastically and is a pleasure to drive.
I did a three hour round trip in it and it rubbed the arch inner ever so slightly on a fast drop on a dual carriageway but it was loaded at the time. So I’m going to mod the inner arches to sort that but It’s been impeccable every other time. I took Oli’s advice and fitted 265 tyres and I think that’s helped.

So I now have an 80mm drop T6 that drives like a well set up car. Top work CRS if I only had £1400 to spend again I would have the suspension and not the wheels it’s that impressive.
View attachment 76323

View attachment 76324
View attachment 76325
Great summary Thank you
I’m on 275/40/20 so you says it’s much better on your original 17”?

80mm is without any mods, that is just the adjustment on the coil overs. CRS demo van is at 85 with the hub mod but only to give the shock more range I think.

If you do the hub mod then the shock will be working more in the centre of its range rather than at thr extremity. Therefore it will work a lot better. You could get a lot more than an extra 5mm.

Great summary Thank you
I’m on 275/40/20 so you says it’s much better on your original 17”?
Not better, but softer, the 17”s have much larger sidewall - the 20s and 265/40/20 by design will make a harder ride.
If I had to make a choice between having the wheels and the coil overs I’d take the coil overs everyday.

Had a 406 mile round trip to CRS suspension today and boy was it worth it :)

Van lowered 30 / 40 mm with Koni shocks

Good Bits,
Van level and just the height we wanted
Very smooth to drive compared to the original set up
Very little roll

Very Good Bits,
Awning rattles greatly reduced
Very pleased with noise reduction in van

Bad Bits,
Chucked it down most of the way home:(

Pics below before and after
Yes I know looks a different color but the same van

Thanks to the guys at CRS money well spent PHOTO-2020-10-05-18-31-43.jpg

Got up at 5.30 to get there early to have Koni Comfort shocks and 40mm H&R springs fitted.

My camper had been previously lowered with 50mm springs and original shocks but although I knew it was lower at the back Steve measured it and it was lowered by 80mm!!!!

The ride was not great and as it's my daily driver and we tow a caravan we decided on an upgrade.

Am over the moon with the new set up, it's finally level and the 180 mile drive home was much more enjoyable than the trip up there.

Steve and his team are fast, efficient and friendly and really know their stuff, if you are in the market for better suspension give them a call.

Will post pictures of before and after later.

Thanks again to Steve and the team.

Back