9x20in et35

coullstar

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Anyone running this size?

Looking at a set and just want to make sure they don't poke out beyond the arch.

Looking to run 265/40/20 tyres so square shoulder on the tyre.

I've got 9x20 ET 35 on the rear of my Cali, as wide as I can go with the wider sliding door and just rubs, if a panel van you'd be fine, I have ET45 on the front as IMO ET35 all round does not look right on the front.

cal.jpg

Hi @Abx , Is there any reason why you didn't spec ET45 on the rears ?

Are you running a staggered set up ?

Hi @Abx , Is there any reason why you didn't spec ET45 on the rears ?
Hi

I’m really not keen on the same ET front/rear on a Transporter as I find the rears sit in too much compared to the front, if you have a 10/15mm lower ET on the rears then the front and rear wheels sit a similar distance in from the arch.

Cheers

Hi

I’m really not keen on the same ET front/rear on a Transporter as I find the rears sit in too much compared to the front, if you have a 10/15mm lower ET on the rears then the front and rear wheels sit a similar distance in from the arch.

Cheers
Hi, I was just thinking about your door cards catching ! ;) . I'm just working out the size for my new Banded Steels as i have a Caravelle too.:thumbsup:

Gotcha, mine is a 6.1 Ocean with the table in the door so the door card it pretty wide, I have the electric side door and the door card just touches the tyre as the door goes to the fully open position. The wheel rim is fine but I have Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres (275 35 20) which are a pretty chunky tyre and that just touches, if I had Vredsteins in the same size I’m sure it would not touch.

Thanks I decided against them as front would be too aggressive.
I had 9in banded Amaroks on before and door card just cleared on my shuttle.

Reactions: Abx
Gotcha, mine is a 6.1 Ocean with the table in the door so the door card it pretty wide, I have the electric side door and the door card just touches the tyre as the door goes to the fully open position. The wheel rim is fine but I have Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres (275 35 20) which are a pretty chunky tyre and that just touches, if I had Vredsteins in the same size I’m sure it would not touch.
See your point there, if i'm running 20's i always go for the 265/40 option just to try and flush up the tyre to the wheel.

Reactions: Abx
See your point there, if i'm running 20's i always go for the 265/40 option just to try and flush up the tyre to the wheel.
Makes sense, I’m also lowered 70mm so it was a compromise between the door catching and the tyre catching the inner wheel arch…….if only we were happy with standard wheels!

Plus 275 is the recommended size by VW for 20’s to minimise speedo error so tried to be sensible for once.

Back