6th Seat For Row 3?

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by Colner, 13 Jul 2019 at 12:32.

1. Colner

Colner Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    I’ve been putting it off for months but now need to get a 6th seat pronto!

Toyed with the idea of swapping the front single for a double but don't like the sound of the smaller/single airbag issue plus having to cut holes in the carpet. The five seats have been leathered up so while a random double would work, it would look a bit odd.

I've now decided (I think), to fit a 6th seat in row 3 so I can take it out when it's not needed. I only need it for one or two trips a year but unfortunately, the next one is Saturday the 20th of July and I'm not back in the UK until Sunday so I need a quick turnaround.

Questions:
    Will any single seat work?
    Drill 8 holes for 4 brackets?
    Cut the rear mat for the 4 brackets?
    Do seats come with integrated seatbelts?
    DIY? On a scale of 1 to 10?
    Anything else I need to know?

Many thanks
    Brian.

2. The Ham

The Ham New Member VIP Member

Map
    Got 6 in mine, I put a smart bed evo11 at the back, swapped out the triple for a single and fitted another single by the sliding door and 2 captains are up front.
    With this set up I can still install units down the side.

Colner likes this.
  3. Colner

Map
    At £1,800 + Vat to fit myself, it's far too much for what we need. We have a caravan so don't need the bed although I like the idea of the alternative use...

I just need a seat with integrated seatbelt plus mounting brackets and bolts I think. Lots of 'middle row' singles about but I'm not sure whether they would also fit in the third row or not.

4. .50

.50 Senior Member T6 Guru

5. .50

.50 Senior Member T6 Guru

6. The Ham

The Ham New Member VIP Member

Map
    Colner likes this.
  7. Colner

Map
    Not cheap are they! :speechless: