6% discount for forum members at www.cctvkits.co.uk - Authorized Hikvision/Hiwatch Dealer

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by amdowney, 12 Nov 2017.

1. amdowney

amdowney T6 TSI Manual Kombi Highline LWB VIP Member T6 Pro

So I am the owner of www.cctvkits.co.uk and thought I'd make a post on here as see a number of facebook posts on various groups asking about CCTV.

-----------
    The code you can use is vwforum for 6% off.
    -----------

As you will see on our site we are an Authorized Wholesaler / Re-seller for Hikvision Hiwatch CCTV products who have grew to be the biggest brand in the business due to quality and price with 2/3 year warranties.

Home_IP Camera2_Home_20171112113335_338036.jpg

There are more expensive solutions on the market and there are certainly cheaper solutions and in my honest opinion a lot of the cheapest stuff on ebay etc while better than nothing will struggle in awkward lighting conditions, can be a headache to setup (good luck with support) and long term reliability is always questionable. We have tried various samples from China and most are simply rubbish.

Not only that but there are different camera types better suited to different mounting positions along with various lens options (altering zoom/viewing angle) which should be taken into consideration for the optimal setup.

So we have a number of kit builders allowing you to choose each camera individually along with other options, all of which come with a quick start guide printout written by myself. You also have myself to get in touch with and I can respond out of hours when I'm online!

We have 2 main kit options to keep things simple:

Or the most popular 4MP IP kits:
    HD IP CCTV Kits : CCTV Kits

2/3MP over Coax at a lower price point:

HD-TVI/CVI CCTV Kits : CCTV Kits

Mobile viewing is as standard and you can checkout some of my sample vids here: Hikvision Sample Videos (4 Megapixel IP Cameras)

Hope this helps - Adam.

Mojo, MBBSA and Fish like this.
  2. Fish

Fish Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Thanks Adam,@T6 FMO
    Great offer, and with the cost of our T6 I think it is as good as a Mod.

3. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    Hikvision is great gear, it's all we use in work
    The hd turbo systems are great for retro fitting into existing coax cable setups and their range of IP cameras are good for the money and as an added bonus Hik offer a free online hosting service so you can monitor your cameras from anywhere with a mobile app or browser for free and without paying for a static IP address

4. DaveyB

DaveyB Funds just don’t support the desires!!! Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Excellent offer. Will definately have to look into this considering the issues we’ve had with neighbours.

5. Fish

Map
    @Pauly @T6 FMO
    So I can add to my current swann hd kit?

6. amdowney

Probably if you have spare channels on the box, I can confirm if you let me have the model no...

7. Fish

Map
    Got 4 spare channels at present.

8. Petehelmet

Petehelmet Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Looking into this at the moment so perfect timing

9. ZipcodeUK

ZipcodeUK Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I'm currently looking for a 4 camera system but the thought of having to run loads of cabling is putting me off massively.

10. Pauly

Map
    Wireless cameras are available but they still need power so doesn't alleviate cabling totally
    Domestic isn't normally too bad depending where you want cameras we normally route up into loft then out fascia/soffit for perimeter cameras, 2.8mm lens is standard giving you just over 100 degree viewing angle so if your house is high or you don't want to view too much you can look at changing lense to 4mm/6mm reducing viewing angle to suit application

ZipcodeUK likes this.
  11. mhill

mhill Senior Member VCDS User T6 Guru

Map
    Any experience of the ANPR units?

Not a massive fan of HIK for several reasons I won't go into but the pixel for buck cant be nocked when looked at in isolation.

12. Pauly

Map
    Yes and no, have fitted a couple but not played with them as they were on managed sites so didnt get to setup them and see them in full action but am intrigued why your not a fan of HIK ?

There are a couple quirks with them that have annoyed me over the years but now they have proper UK support i find them much better, recently had a bizarre issue where the NVR was not compatible with a customers router due to weird IP ranges/provisioning and they sent me custom firmware for the NVR same day to get it sorted while i was still on site thought that was pretty good customer service

13. amdowney

Have a read of "Wireless CCTV cameras, systems and kits" - with ip cameras home plugs can work nicely.

14. amdowney

Yes I have one at our showroom and it works well logging plates into a list which you can setup alerts from or have open barriers even..

15. Phil Harris

Phil Harris Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Adam,

We live in a village near Southam, not far from you guys, do you recommend a local fitter for your kits?
    Phil

16. amdowney

Sorry for delay Phil - not sure on that one to be honest. Aerial installer guys are usually up to speed and well priced. Failing that overqualified but often tidy and efficient electricians.

17. Phil Harris

Phil Harris Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Thanks for getting back to me, I’ll try our local sparky... phil