6.1 shuttle or 6 Velle ?

bamberjim

Hi all , had T5,s in the past and now venturing into the T6 world

Hopefully going to be putting a deposit down in the next couple of days and can’t decide which to go for.. going to be used mainly as family wagon

Choice is either a
2020 metallic grey , 8 seater 110bhp Manual Shuttle SWB .. 10 miles on the clock, privacy glass, multifunction leather steering wheel, parking sensors (commercial bumpers) T6.1 £28K

or

2017 silver 200ps DSG caravelle exec with 49k on the clock at £33k

the sensible in me says get the Shuttle with 3 years warranty and spend the £5k difference on remap/coilovers/wheels etc.... but the velle is such a nice place to be inside buts it’s older, more expensive and has near on 50,000 miles and would still need lowering and wheels on top.

whats would you go for?

tough choice, I’d pick the Caravelle

Finance or cash? New vs used? What’s more important, seats or Luxury?...

Can’t remap the shuttle. If that has a bearing in the decision.

I Have two shuttle and Caravelle for sale. Two of which have all the work done. All LWB, if you want some more choose.

I'd go for the Velle. It has everything you'd end up wanting to add to the Shuttle out of the box. The money you'll spend 'improving' the Shuttle will never be seen again, whereas the Velle will hold its money.

The generic bolt on mods like wheels, suspension and lights will be the same for both.

Depends on what your using it for. We have a shuttle and with 2 yound kids, 2 dogs and do a lot of MTB etc so the shuttle suits us better with the rear seats removed. Its also more adaptable than the velle IMO. However the velle does sound a nicer one.

Back